whos better: marky or andy c?

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
just seen that news ting on the home page about Marky being Brazil's answer to Andy C. I have to say that i reckon its more like Andy C is the UK's answer to Marky if ya get my drift.

Marky kills it every time man and i rewckon he is better than andyc.

1. because he uses tricks (bouncing the needles on the records for example!)

2. scratching, its annoying sometimes in dnb but he does it sooooo well!

3. his energy is fucking incredible! all moody dj's with caps over their faces take note!!!

4. the mans selection is always brilliant, not relying on just the latest tunes and hard sounds, variety is tha spice of life!!! his set is everything from latin beats to techy darkside stuff and then back again. Lets be honest it all gets a bit boring with dark dark dark all the time bring the funk baby!

5. He from V and that is a far better label than Ram is!!! ( in my opinion...disclaimer,....allegedly etc etc) and now there is liquid V!!!! booo! its all about that strictly social remix!!!

6. he is FAST with a capital F, a blur behind the decks!

just thought id get an argumen.....i mean debate! going.

dont get me wrong, Andy is the man! and any time he shows up at breakneck he kills it but sometimes like i said before you want some funk and soul in the mix!

Also...He is playing homelands as is Andy and i garuntee you he will play a much better set!!!

actually this has lead me into a bigger issue !!! is the UK scene on the whole too dark and moody? is this because of the crap weather? i mean its summer now so lets bring the mother fucking funk baby!!! less tech more bongos!!!

:teeth: :rave:

Andy does play a darker style in general and tends to be better at double dropping.

Dont get me wrong, I just dont think you can compare properly, and your being a tad harsh on Andy if Markys funkier stuff is more your thing.

I think Marky is a better scratcher etc, but Andy can pick tunes and get people bouncin hard.

*In my opinion*

I think Andy's one of the only DJ's who can walk into a night and shut it down within his first two tunes. Andy's selection is often ahead of most other big names and he'll usually double drop his first mix just to fuck you up a little more, big up Andy (y)

:rik: says Andy is good!

hmmm difficult 1. like u sed lokki, markys selection is wikd & his scratchin is mad (like wen he scratched in time with ska once). markys mixin is jus a tight as andys. andy double drops tho. they both play real different styles in their own way so il finish by sayin they r both phat!

well well this is a debate that could go on 4 hours its all about wot u like, a bouncy mix up of different styles which yes markey does very well with his scratchin an shit yes it is a good show. But if ur lookin for a heavy mix of new tunes with some deadly teases and mixin that is perfect eveytime coupled with tha fact that every1 knows when u need a double drop andrew clarke is tha best in tha scene.

never seen Marky at the big parties in Oz, but saw him at Movement and it was psycho, really sweaty and *intimate. And Andy C just tears any place apart, its kinda hard to resist his double-dropping madness too.
They are the only DJs worth having this debate about.
I'm gonna have to say Andy by a hairs breadth, probably because of the 'upfront' tunes factor

sdm said:
he'll usually double drop his first mix just to fuck you up a little more

that is after rewinding the first tune 3 or 4 times (n)
and yes, its imo as always

iamahistorian said:
ok what the fuck is a double drop and why is it so good? im asuming were not talking pills

when two tunes are mixed in timimg for both to drop at the same time. pretty messy imo, always go for bit o' eq.

:rolf: hold on. i thought that duchebag had left the forum
yeah, didnt he got burned or summit ? :rik:

no worries mate. just drop two e's, and everythings gonna be a o k

DJ Lordward said:
hmmm difficult 1. like u sed lokki, markys selection is wikd & his scratchin is mad (like wen he scratched in time with ska once). markys mixin is jus a tight as andys. andy double drops tho. they both play real different styles in their own way so il finish by sayin they r both phat!

:ditto: both tight selectahz :lighter:

Both are fucking outa this world man !!

I love the way Marky cuts & scratches
it well reminds me of a certain DJ Ratty
from back in the day !!

But Andy is well ahead of the rest !!
I cant beleive how quick & creative
his mixing is !!

Roll on Breakneck this friday !!!!!!

pretty close....
but two different stylz of mixing.
had marky down under 2 w/ends ago and it was the best vibe that the ministry has ever seen.
his skills were mad... and he is one of the only dj's to be able to drop tunes that are old (off "the brazillian job") and have the crowd jumping. He dropped a remix of LK last with stamina mcing..... and by the end of it the whole crowd was chanting "MARKY, MARKY" so loud that you couldn't hear the 30somethingK rig.
it was mad.
However..... Andy C has better tunes and the ability to play tighter, he does also have the ability to mess with head from just mixing... whereas marky uses tricks,....
its close for me.
i would say it is a tie game!! :slayer: :mr_cool:

I was lucky enough to see both at the first ever event I went too...

S'got to be Andy, Marky has an enthusiasm and vibe all of his own but the energy Andy has and the fact his tune selection seems to be a month infront of everyone elses keeps him ahead of the pack in my opinion.

:boom:

However..... Andy C has better tunes and the ability to play tighter, he does also have the ability to mess with head from just mixing... whereas marky uses tricks,....
its close for me.
i would say it is a tie game!! :slayer: :mr_cool:[/QUOTE]

ok ok...... right then!!!!

i am not talking about who has the best tunes!!! Andy C (dont get me wrong he is my second fave Dnb DJ) gets given his tunes!!!! so what!!! if i was given 20 fresh dubs from top producers i would be the best Dj in the world.....??? nah!

Marky could build a wicked set out of old B-sides from the dark ages of dnb!!! (1998-1999) and kill it!

Its like Bryan Gee said: 'I was scared to go on after Marky the first time i saw him!'

see ...and thats Bryan fukin Gee talking!!!

anyone who can beat mix can double drop!!!! all you gotta do is cvountb the bars!! i do it all the time but find it gets a bit boring!

thats why u need creativity ...ala....MARKY!!! he is better than Andy C at mixing and that is what i am saying!!! he goes outside the usual styles and format of mixin and is sooooooo quick!!!

ok..this will settle it ( and its not about opinion ..this is a fact!!)...who is going to Homelands???? i will be sober all day cos i have to 'work' there right. I will see Markys set and Andys set and record crowd reaction somehow,,,,, i garantee u Marky will kill it!!!

Its like u here Ska remix so much and it is annoying... everyone doubles it...so what..if you can mix thats like 5 mins practice...

give it to the Brazilian and he will meleody scrtahc over it and double drop it and then bring another tune in 5 secs after the first!!!!

amazing!!!

bring back the DJ to dnb!!!! big up Craze!!!! big up Marky!!!!!! we needd better DJs in dnb with more creativity and less long winded mixes that go no where!!!

(bukem and makato are excluded from this debate!!!!)

ok...

here is something contreversial for ya!!! ( i like to challenge your ideas!),,,,

JFB is better than Andy C!!!

ooooooooooo!

ha ha!

its true!

bo!

Also when you have people like.....

the over rated crew.....ie.....( and i hate hating so i apologise for this but everyone knows it anyway!)

Brockie......arrrgh! big up respec for the man and he is a soldier and everything but his mixing is whack! check any helter kelter/slammin tape pack for the eveidence!

and (now i love this man and think he is wicked but......)

Nicky Black Market!!!!!! his mixing is whack! and whne you have heard 'police in helicopter 20 times !!!!!!...u know

sorry to hate but these mans get paid enough money and quite frankly are a bit poor! i mean they have been in it since day one and all but maybe they should stick to running tingss behind the scenes!

also.....er.... nah fuck it i aint gonna hate any more but u get my drift! there are others one is an anagram of

DJ PAR...its a she!

hmmmm... :rambo: oh dear!!! she released an album with kenny ken and i think u all know it was fukin dire!!! i hope i havnt given it away!!

safe...

and whats all this hating in dnb right now...people dissing DJ's ..it just aint on!! ha ha

Back
Top Bottom