who/what defines drum & bass atm?

Dnb is all over the place right now, so many good artists going in so many different directions, its all good

Right now, for me, labels like Exit, Nonplus & Darkestral are doing it.
Releases on Shogun Audio & Metalheadz are also top quality right now. Spectrasoul, Perez, Break, S.P.Y, Data, Commix are really shaping dnb at the mo IMO

it's too broad a genre to be defined by certain producers or labels, but i can tell you for damn sure what isn't/shouldn't and please god doesn't define drum and bass... sub focus album

spectrasoul's definitely got some nice tunes...love the deep bass :ban:

Nero also has some big smashers, and I can't really knock Sub Focus, although that World of Hurt isn't for me...

there's so much going on at the mo its hard to narrow down.. as for labels there's ur obvious ones like Ram, Hospital, breakbeat kaos.. but also labels such as Viper, Critical, Exit are all pushing boundaries and gaining a lot of popularity at the mo

I know he defo played the High Contrast remix of that MGMT song.

that was it, lol his last track

Funnily enough, some guy pushing his way thru the crowd, as he was playing the intro, stopped at me put his hands on my shoulders and said "I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING, DRUM AND BASS REMIX!". wasnt any1 from here was it? lol

Last edited:
Right now, for me, labels like Exit, Nonplus & Darkestral are doing it.
Releases on Shogun Audio & Metalheadz are also top quality right now. Spectrasoul, Perez, Break, S.P.Y, Data, Commix are really shaping dnb at the mo IMO

What he said ;)

Back
Top Bottom