who/what defines drum & bass atm?

Right now, for me, labels like Exit, Nonplus & Darkestral are doing it.
Releases on Shogun Audio & Metalheadz are also top quality right now. Spectrasoul, Perez, Break, S.P.Y, Data, Commix are really shaping dnb at the mo IMO

yeh is good but in no way defines dnb.. theres so much more going on at the mo this is just one aspect..

Original Sin, Camo and Krooked, Break, Dirtyphonics, Spor, Noisia

From the stuff i've heard and is going to be released... all of the above

That Flatline tune by Noisia is so fucking good, same with Kingdom by Spor, Original Sin - Therapy and Step On, Camo and Krooked - Turn up the music and Skyline and Break - well everything he fucking touches

gone off jump up quite abit recently.
theres a tune every now and then that i like but i have more fun mixing nuero or liquid or whatever.
i find i can be more creative with my mixes, i'll add a jump up tune in every now and then though.

The only jump up tunes im really feeling at the moment are 'therapy' by original sin and 'green light' by tantrum desire.

Break, Spor, Spectrasoul, Alix Perez, Lenzman, Noisia, Ed Rush & Optical, Serum & Bladerunner

standard

The only thing that defines drum and bass at the moment is 170+ bpm.

Too many people pushing boundries to be able to give it a characteristic sound.

Majistrate, Zen, Crystal Clear, Cabbie, Tantrum Desire, Edrush/Optical, S.P.Y, Break...

these are just a few guys that make different types of dnb that are doing it for me atm

variety atm. So many diff styles coming from all over the world. Personally I'm really digging the sounds coming from Russia/Ukraine, Italy & Spain atm.

Last edited:
Depends what sorta DnB your into,
For me im a Tech junkie,
So anything that out on...
Barcode, Freak, Renegade Hardware, Algorhythm, Tech Itch, Tech Freak, Evol Intent etc etc...
Or released by...
Technical Itch, Limewax, Donny, Current Value, Demo, Kritech, Cooh, Loxy, Ink etc...

Back
Top Bottom