Who wants participate in a little experiment

chiller

Hi

I'm looking to improve my cueing and I was wondering if anyone could beat-match shimon's "Hush Hush" & Krust's "Warhead" and then tell me the position of the Pitch sliders on each deck.

I know this is an obscure ask but if anyone could help........

* I have a pair of "Stanton STR8 - 150's", so it might only work if you have the same make of decks?*

Jesus Christ, different decks don't change bpm speeds.

Warhead = around 176 bpm
Hush Hush = about 172

Work it out.
I know that but the increment labeling for the pitch sliders may be different??
Ok now if you were to mix the tunes where would your pitch sliders be for each deck - I only ask because Im learning to mix.

dont work like that,i could start hush hush at sometin different to what ur gonna start it at(yes i could jus say that i started it at plus 1,plus 2 etc)but its easier to jus play the tune n cue up from hearin instead of wonderin where pitch should be,some decks are also adjustable so peeps who have had em years may of tweaked em or got em second hand played with.best tool is your ears (yn)

Look, its around 2% either way.

That is if Warhead is at 0, you play Hush Hush at about +2%. If Hush is at 0, you play Warhead at -2%. If you're wondering whether you have to simultaneously increase/decrease speeds then you don't understand the concept of relative deck speed and basic matching.

You either slow down or speed up one record relative to the other to get them beatmatched in the mix. You don't change the speed of two records at the same time.

Every record deck is marked with +/- %. I'm not going to tell you to move your pitch +3.4565434 cms up.

And do it by ear.

Play Warhead at 0, then try to pitch up Sush Sush to match it.

you'll be able to tell when you get it right. when the speeds are matched you'll be able to listen to both records play simultaneously without your head blowing off. listen for double beats and for a galloping sound meaning the beats arent lined up. only practice will tighten up your bpm matching.

Back
Top Bottom