Who uses cubase?

MARKLAR

International Tracksuit Salesman
VIP Junglist
Ive decided to try and learn a new daw
Have cubase 5 (i wont upgrade as my laptop is shit lol)

Anyway anyone got some tips,tricks,tutorials or whatever
It would be very much appreciated

Im also thinking just using vsts for making basses in cubase
Then brining em into reason

ahh nice
will check it out
hope it translates to 5

it looks alot nicer.lol

when watchig masteclasses i found that the majority of d&b producers use cubase actully:
noisia, mefjus, black sun empire, neonlight come to mind

steinberg has a lot really good tutorial video series on their youtube channel
+read the manual and you should be good to go ;)

I also use Cubase 5. I actually bought 4 years ago (2007 I think,) and decided to switch to a copy last year so I could use it on my laptop without needing the dongle. Been thinking about upgrading for a while now. It's still about £200 or so though for me to do so from the version I have. I do like the look of 8. In fact it's starting to feel crazy how long ago it was that I bought it. I think my main worry of upgrading though has been the 64bit issue andlu comptibility with 32bit plugins. I'm sure I've heard it doesn't run 32 bit ones without using something called J-bridge. I don't know enough about it though yet. Can anyone shed any sort of light on this?

I have to say, with Cubase a fav technique I take advantage of on a regular basis is the use of ctrl and alt to shift the audio within a clip. Highly useful for quick edits. Pretty sure this is missing from most other daw's I've come across and I now feel lost without this feature.

Well sort of, it mentions Vista only, unless this was an old article, but it would have had to have been pretty old not to mention Window 7, also what's a 64 bit "preview" version of a DAW?

Reading this article though pretty much re-iterated what my worries were about 32bit plugins not working properly. So you have working 32 bit plugins then MA?

Back
Top Bottom