Who or What Created The Universe & Why?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Roger Axion, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Roger Axion

Roger Axion I've been naughty, I'm banned

The Big Bang Theory is now widely believed to be how the universe began. However how did the Big Bang occur? Monotheists believe that an all powerful entity named God kicked it all off.

What are your beliefs on how the universe sprang about, and what the meaning of life is?

Is it really 42, but what is the question to the answer (Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams)

Is "Sorry For The Inconvenience" all that God had the desire to say at the end?

2. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

as a species we are not old enough or clever enough to answer this question but i wouldnt put it down to some imaginary spaghetti being.

3. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

the meaning of life? an accident doesn't have meaning.

we're born, we eat, we shit, piss, fuck and die.

4. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

i heard moskit farted and the rest is history

5. Roger Axion

This must be why the universe is such a shit hole.

6. Roger Axion

Maybe not, but who knows? People who worship God think He is perfect too, however if this is the case - why is the universe imperfect and so inhospitable on the whole. Also He created Man in His own image, they believe, so why is the human race corrupt, war torn and governed by greed and hunger for power? Hang on I guess I just answered my own question, if there is a God - He is a TWAT!

7. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

U find out when u die
    So do what u can then report back to us

8. Roger Axion

When you're dead u probably cease to exist and there may be nothing there.

How will I be able to report back then?

9. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

well u wont be able to with that attitude now will u

10. Roger Axion

Attitude's got nothing to do with it mate. Nobody knows what's on the other side for sure or whether there is an afterlife at all.

11. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

exactly
    thats why we need a volunteer

have u seen the episode of futurama where bender gets lost in space? he becomes god to a civilisation and that brings up some interesting views on the topic

12. Roger Axion

Not seen that episode no. However even if I did top myself Mr Bizzle, there would be no way of me reporting back that would offer any substantial evidence on the matter.

13. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

What about if the universe was infact part of billions of universes all interlinked into a monumental painting on the wall of an even bigger civilasations wall. Then theres hundreds, thousands of these paintings all throughout this civilations world. The reason why our space is black is because we happen to be on a black part of the painting, over universes can be any other colour depending on where they are on their particular painting. In this bigger civilisation our universes are considered to be the smallest particle this civilisation knows of. They dont have a microscope small enough to see the planets. The universe will probably end when the painting proves to be worthless, or the owner gets drunk and throws his painting in a rage onto a fire. Thats my theory anyway

14. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

big bang theory is wrong.

15. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

of course it is
    everyone knows in the beginning god created the heaven and the earth. dj hype said so

16. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Well lets face it. Actually trying to think about how big the universe is... is beyond anyones ability to comprehend. The fact that the big bang started our solar system is slightly irrelevant as there was probably other solar systems that began before ours what we really need to be asking is when did they start.... and how did they come about. Our solar system has been around for like 13billion years or something.... and humans (in various evolutional states) have only been around for 2.5billion of that.... modern day humanity (from early civilisations) have been around for something like 5000 years..... so we're not even a flash in the pan in comparison.... we literally are the most minute spark in the grand scheme of things.... a spark that if we put into . Yet we go around thinking we are what this universe is about and that the universe was made for us.

Let me put it in perspective. 5000 is 0.00003846153846153846% of 13 billion.

Lets work that out in terms of a day. so 1 day = 86400 seconds

0.03323076923076923% of 86400 = 0.03323076923076923

So we have existed for 0.03 (rounded down) of second in comparison to our solar system.

Now to put that into perspective... go here --> http://getyourwebsitehere.com/jswb/rttest01.html

and check your reaction time.

What ever you get will be at least 200th of a second slower in comparison. ]

Now we all need to wake up and realise.... the universe wasnt made for us... so the fact your asking why is it so inhospitable is ridiculous... the reason why.... is because we basically dont exist and the universe has no need to accomodate us.

17. Dubsta

Dubsta Well-Known Member

the best theory ive heard is that we are in fact already dead and this is the final test before we go to the next place where the other half of our brain (the side we dont use) is awakened and then we will understand the question to this thread.....

me personally.......being dead is like before you was born :jacko:

18. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

WOW some interesting theories here, I think Dubstas is probably the most logical. I used to to be straight up atheist about stuff like this however in more recent times I have become a bit more agnostic, not that I believe in any of the religions that exist here on earth but more of a you don't know what lays outside this universe (if anything does), we will never truly know how it all began and why it began or what caused it all to begin, although they do say that you can still hear the big bang resonating throughout the entire universe so perhaps the big bang thing is true but WHY it happened and what was there before? because although they say there was nothing there before it is acutally quite hard to imagine that there was nothing before everything. My point being is that we will never know in our lifetime.

19. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

there is a theory that suggests once we figure out how and why, the universe will blow up and start again.

20. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Wait I've got a theory, what if we're a dream inside a Minotaur, sleeping minotaur, this is all happening inside his 15 minutes of REM sleep, when he awakes the world as we know it ends