Who Killed Dubstep

He has some good points but to say dubstep is dead is complete bollox, especially when lables like DMZ, Deep Medi, Osiris, Tempa are still putting out the tunes they are

give it a year or so an all the poop artists who are jumpin on the bandwagon will have found another genre to rape
then hopefully that whiney shit will fuck off an some good tunes can come thru
i do still like alot of dubby dubstep tunes
but cant be bothered to sift thru all the shit to find them

agree with you mate its out there the good good music but sifting through so much shit just isnt worth it espeically when i think drum and bass is smashing it atm!!

who cares? the genre isnt dead its just being divided into real dubstep and synthy shit at 140

No bass. No space. Just one big contest of who can make the most insane abstract “filth” out there.

HammerNail.jpg

i like dubstep... but not all the stufff that has been making it big over the passed few years...
i stopped listenin to it a long time ago until i went on the deep dubstep thread on here... reminded me of how fuckin good it acctually is if your listenin to the right stuff..

the passed week drum n bass has barley existed in my house (only temporary lol) as ive fallen back in love with real dubstep..

Yeah it's not dead, there is just so much shit associated with dubstep, that I don't really want to use much time on it anymore. I do enjoy some of it, but I'm more into the garage/130 stuff right now. Breakage - Foundation had a lot of sick dubstep on it though, he knows the score, and so does Icicle. Oh, and Phaeleh. And Scuba. Their albums are so good.

This is big:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting read that.

Dubstep is like most other genres though, if you're just getting into it and not sure which labels or artists to check out, you are bombarded with epic amounts of cheesey wobble shit (the Beatport top 100 for example is shocking) because thats what style is usually the most popular (especially in america). Dig a little deeper though and you'll find some top quality deep, dark and extremely well made dubstep.
Its exactly the same in dnb, people just checking it out find the most popular stuff on youtube (such as UKF) and assume thats what dnb is all about, yet we all know its so much deeper than that...

Back
Top Bottom