Who is the man with the biggest......

Oh man no way I can separate only dem drum samples, I'll just give up on this one.

My downloaded samples folder is messy, my own sample folder on the other hand is fucking organized.

I have other messy parts too.

Ive got far too many, but at the end of the day you tend to head back to similar hits. Its only useful when trawling for something like a different rim shot etc.
I bet if you were to remove all the shit, and only count the good sounds that you use on the reg bla bla bla, it wouldnt be as big as you would imagine.

Im considering the task of slimming down the shit in my samples folder.

Ive got far too many, but at the end of the day you tend to head back to similar hits. Its only useful when trawling for something like a different rim shot etc.
I bet if you were to remove all the shit, and only count the good sounds that you use on the reg bla bla bla, it wouldnt be as big as you would imagine.

Im considering the task of slimming down the shit in my samples folder.

haha yeah. even in my lil 3.5 gig ive got a lot of garbage floating about

I think I have about 300 original 1960's + Jazz/Soul/Funk style breaks

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

I'd rather not have too many though. I seem to make better tunes when I limit my self a bit. 300 is fine for me.

I have 500GB drive which is pretty much full but not of all that is drum breaks, probably around 40-50% are so around 200GB would be around a ballpark figure. There was a guy called psiTech that had a webpage years ago and I pretty much have everything he posted. The website doesn't exist any more unfortunately but a lot of people still remember those sample packs.

we sample all our own shit. less we get classic breaks but then we run them hot through tape or whatever. so i dont know how big my sample directory is, probably not that big. grits certainly has a sample library worth its name, my word, its flipping enormous. who else do you know thats got a separate fking directory for like oboe. and organized down with the hyperonym after meronym after meronym it must have taken aaaages.

between my 2 external hdds, my studio pc, and my laptop i think ill easily have nearly 1TB of drum samples alone :)

Back
Top Bottom