Who is The Best Up and Coming DJ & MC??

BlakMajik

Eazy Peepz!!!

WHo dya think the best unestablished MC & DJ is? Watch out for DJ Funktion - Flyte FM Kru, he's phat and you got ya obvious MC's Flyte, Eks, Herbszie etc. Thats My Opinion!

Whats Urs???

:pimp:

myself :D :D :D :slayer:

it'll happen one day, just you wait!!

tbh, i dont really hear many up-and-comings, other than the djs in my area. i think most of em are pretty good :)

me of course, caus I'm a :pimp: when it comes to turntables :slayer:

dunno bout mc's, most sound the same to me....although thats probably caus I don't listen to um.

Christ - this me matey must be pretty gd lol!

nah watch out 4 the sixth sense kru - not biggin up or nethin but trust we will be there!

:fag:

Hazard's really good and hasn't properly broken through. Devize is good too with a very original selection of tunes (mainly his own dubs mind you)
Hopefully I'll break through once I get deck 3 and 4.

As for MCs, fuck knows, all the ones in my area are crap

Always makes me groan when you see a post like this and everyones like "yeah, me me me". Get it on DOA a fair bit it seems. It'll be interesting to see how many do actually make it. :rolleyes:

No offense lads just an observation.:lol:

Im not sure how you describe an up and coming DJ. I hear plenty of people that play out every weekend in the Midlands to a real high standard but I wouldn't really say they had made it properly. Are they up and coming?.

Your right mate, Im sure 90% of them dont make it, but it doesnt mean they havent got the talent to make it. Also the question was 'who is the best unestablished dj/mc, not up and coming.

Mulla said:
Your right mate, Im sure 90% of them dont make it, but it doesnt mean they havent got the talent to make it. Also the question was 'who is the best unestablished dj/mc, not up and coming.

Unestablished?

How ya mean?.

Whats the criteria of a unestablished dj?. Let me know.

I wanna know what you all think about this as I find it all quite interesting to know where everyone feels the bounderies are.

:afro:

Caution said:
Always makes me groan when you see a post like this and everyones like "yeah, me me me".

Innit. People who use threads about up and comings to shamelessly big themselves up piss me right off.
So go check out my new mix innit! ;) :p

-walrus

Id say an unestablished Dj is someone who is not known outside of where they live or on a large scale. For example, a lot of people in my area (Cirencester/Glos. area) have heard of me but if I went to London, no-one would have heard of me, therefore Id say Im unestablished.

Mulla said:
Id say an unestablished Dj is someone who is not known outside of where they live or on a large scale. For example, a lot of people in my area (Cirencester/Glos. area) have heard of me but if I went to London, no-one would have heard of me, therefore Id say Im unestablished.

Do you play out a bit then around Glos / Cirencester then?. Where do you play?.

Is MC Dappa Stevie from Glos?. Met him once. Does he mc at any nights by you?.

Local scenes are funny tho
I lived in brum for a year and a bit (back on sunday!!!!!!!) and shit like Hazard and 3D Mode is real big there and everyone has heard of it, but then I leave brum and it's like they disappeared.
I look in knowledge mag in the JB interview and he's going on about Hazard being brand new and all this, yet he's been knocking em out since 1999.

I'm also thinking that raves would be a hell of a lot better if they'd put on people like Hazard and Devize to add some real original style rather than getting about 20 rewinds of every big tune each night. I mean I like Twist em out but not when it gets rewound every half an hour.
I can say that most big dnb producers have a very unique style but when they mix they all seem to play the same tunes. Why do those with original style never come through, even when they've proven themselves as many times as a DJ like Hazard?
And look at Devize, he'll play a whole set of his own dubs with a sound that no other DJ will have. I know it's a bit experimental for some but it's a change isn't it?

on the note of more djs playing their own stuff.. drift told me that he saw twisted individual play out a while back, and it was very boring because he played all his own stuff. just a thought :D

to all the anti big yaself up crew, it was a joke :finger2: :finger2: :finger2:

as most of you have said, its hard to say who are the best up-and-coming djs, as most djs do the same things (myself included sometimes). that said, i always try to play different stuff to what the dj before me has played.

at the end of the day, i dont expect to be a international superstar dj, id just like to play out a few times a month locally. i like djin because i love playing in front of people, im not really bothered if i dont become the next andy c etc. however, given the chance, id like to give it a try!! :D

one last thought, when i started djin, i was the only person i knew that did it. these days, everyones a fuckin dj. this makes it a lot tougher to get sets :(

Yeah the problem with Mr Individual is that a lot of his tunes sound very similiar. Don't get me wrong, he knocks out some real cracking tunes at times but they all still have a very unique TI feel to them. After listening to the same snare rolls every 16 bars for an hour it does become a little tiresome. :sleep:

dRiFT said:
Yeah the problem with Mr Individual is that a lot of his tunes sound very similiar. Don't get me wrong, he knocks out some real cracking tunes at times but they all still have a very unique TI feel to them. After listening to the same snare rolls every 16 bars for an hour it does become a little tiresome. :sleep:

lol, innit :D

dRiFT said:

Heh, I thought he played fuckin' wicked that night.

Big up all the old Trauma crew. For those that know...............

Caution said:
dRiFT said:

Heh, I thought he played fuckin' wicked that night.

Big up all the old Trauma crew. For those that know...............

i think i might take cautions side on this one!

since drift does have a very poor dnb taste :D :D :finger2:

muhahhaa :slayer:

I dont have a problem with people "promoting" themselves lol thats all gd - but out of the current up and comings ie flyte, fluid, funktion etc etc who would u say is the best dj & mc

Caution said:
Do you play out a bit then around Glos / Cirencester then?. Where do you play?.

Is MC Dappa Stevie from Glos?. Met him once. Does he mc at any nights by you?.

I play out a fair bit, mate, not nearly enough tho. I sometimes do the Incision things that my mate does (Mulla b2b Sniper in August!), Ive played a few small nights in Cheltenham etc. as well as my own night in the area, Dub Sounds. Last night a mate and I went and played at a place called Therapy in Gloucester which was real good. They're just trying to get everyone in our local scene to come and play at their night. So far they've had Poison (Chemical Recs), Access etc. Theyve got Donovan Smith down there in a few weeks too. Anyone in that area should check it out every Thursday!

Never heard of Dappa Stevie tho mate, altho my mate says he's heard of him. Hes from Gloucester, yeah???

Back
Top Bottom