Who is The Best Up and Coming DJ & MC??

Up-and-coming ( and across the pond)

My pick for best Up-and-coming DJ has to be --> TypeOne

He's got a great sense for track selection, I've never heard him rewind.. ever (and that's GOOD DAMNIT!).

I don't know if anyone outside of Canada has heard him DJ, but you can certainly find his original music online.

Most of what he plays falls under the same sort of musical catagory as his self-produced material. Very jazzy.. warm bass sounds, and (thankfully) no MCs..

Last edited:
Re: Up-and-coming ( and across the pond)

Originally posted by d-_-b
My pick for best Up-and-coming DJ has to be --> TypeOne

He's got a great sense for track selection, I've never heard him rewind.. ever (and that's GOOD DAMNIT!).

I don't know if anyone outside of Canada has heard him DJ, but you can certainly find his original music online.

Most of what he plays falls under the same sort of musical catagory as his self-produced material. Very jazzy.. warm bass sounds, and (thankfully) no MCs..

i like rewinds.... but not every track

i'm talking maybe 2 or 3 an hour..

i remember being at headz in 1996 and we heard unnoficial ghost for the first time... it got 6 rewinds but IT HAD TO BE DONE!

less 'ere some noize for the reee-wine inside!

i suppose if the song was actually worth it.. or the crowd called hard enough for it (not at the prompting of an MC mind you) then i can stand it.. the trouble is, too many DJs use it to get themselves out of a botched mix (give the MC a nod.. wait for him to say something like "roight.. selektah.. wait one minute.. back it up.. back it up.. letz 'ere that one again"..) and then scrubs his fucked-up mix.. bah.. maybe i'm being too critical.

Well, im a of course give my boy Synertia some props.

But i also feel General Malice and Junglisticpressure is gonna help the Stateside massive revive the old school ragga vibe back into the game.

Back
Top Bottom