who is also lovin dubstep at the moment? :-)

same ere man, i cant see the appeal, just sounds to me like someone was really fucked and realised the wonders of amp and filter envelopes and everyones goin tits for all the funny noises. woooo00000 wap wap wap wap wooo000000000 d d d d d, yeah, sick.

haha yer i no wat u sayin ive loved dnb for at least 5 6 years(only a baby) but still i kinda lik the sound it brings!
but hey all music is good music wel not all but u no wat u i sayin :)

to be honest i think dubstep has been kindof poisoned.
the mainstream dub artists like rusko...
are taking too much influence from the bassline scene.

some of it just sounds like ringtones.

although rusko has produce some quality tunes

im kinda hooked on it,
but how long will it be before someone ruins it?

lol, im a firm believer in all things new, its not to my taste fully, but i have had a few sessions on it and it can only grow on me,
but what will ruin it is like everything else, if it takes off massively, the mainstream boys will do what they did with D+B and it will just get plain overplayed, what will bury it is if idiots like skibba fearless and fats get involved and shout over the top of it, like they have ruined drum and bass for me, im an original day one man, everything was fine until they tried to make it there own, i had to walk away from mainstream stuff as it does my nut in, now im a renegade hardware man through and through, ill never goto another slamming shitty vinyl, or anywhere now, its just not the same.
any set with skibba, fats or fearless on gets turned off and smashed or deleted asap.

big up the dubstep, and mainstream-leave it alone, it aint broke so dont try and fix it

dubstep fuckin sick but like garage grime n bassline the quality of tunes are a lot more inconsistent...at same time it pisses me off cos bare of my long standin dnb head mates seem to be convertin to it over dnb

someones already ruined it. they're called chase and status. but if you really want someone to blame, the mary anne hobbs needs sending to the gallows

All you guys make me laugh. Dubstep is not 'new' in anyway whatsoever. Its just made it mainstream, its been around for ages. And to the guy saying its sounding like bassline, thats because it developed out of the garage and grime scenes man lol. Im in to all things dubstep, especially the slooooow half step stuff. I dont prefer dnb or dubstep to be honest though-- i love both styles and think both scenes could learn a lot from each other.

someones already ruined it. they're called chase and status. but if you really want someone to blame, the mary anne hobbs needs sending to the gallows

haha yeh i remember the dubstep warz show a couple years ago. Probably the first time i ever heard dubstep on the radio. She started the mainstream exposure of dubstep. I guess both a good and a bad thing depending on how you look at it.

Back
Top Bottom