Who is a vinyl hore!

checkmabadself

A gift from punjab
How much on average do you spend a month on vinyl, I reckon I must spend between £50 & £100 depending on whats being released in that particular month.

Just wanted to know how this compares to everyone else really?? :afro:

I haven't bought no vinyl in a while, but used to spent around £60 to £80 a week, which is a lot but I could afford it and then all I wanted to buy was tunes and weed.

And my vinyl collection is huuuuuuuuuuge :teeth:

I've got maybe 7000 pieces of vinyl, at least 1500 is dnb.
I buy a lot of doubles of tracks, and a lot of hiphop and scratch pieces too, but the majority of my collection was from my dad, about 4000 pieces of reggae, funk, soul, rock and other stuff too, plus things that I've pinched from other relative and friends.
Second hand vinyl rules :slayer:

Here's a pic of some of my records

Attachments

• collection.gif
    collection.gif
    115.9 KB · Views: 52
Indi said:
Here's a pic of some of my records
Dang mate!

I usually do 1-2 orders a month, ranging from £15-£40 each time. I do struggle to find tunes I actually want to buy these days.

sdm said:
I do struggle to find tunes I actually want to buy these days.

Word to that!

When i was working, could easily spend £200 or more on vinyl a month, but now im a student again its only stuff like Police State EP that gets picked up. Food and Fags comes b4 vinyl (sadly)

Used to be £50 to £60 a week (ie everything I had). Now cut it down to more like £25. Lets me get the odd cd/dvd/book.

It's much to easy to spend more than you want on vinyl, because their's that fear that, once it's sold out, you may never see it again.

sdm said:
I do struggle to find tunes I actually want to buy these days.

Its always been like that for me, a small percentage of tunes that you actually want to spend your cash on. I used to spend about $80 a week on vinyl, now its more like $20, plus CDs.

Indi said:
all I wanted to buy was tunes and weed.

:rasta:

My girl told me I had a vinyl habit yesterday I'm normally doing about £80 a month but I go for older tracks rather than new releases as there doesn't seem to be to much variety lately.

I've switched to cds, especially job lots off Ebay.

Even being affluent, vinyl is much too expensive (except maybe in job lots as well). I don't have the time to listen to what I've got and I've got a load of dnb on cd...

sayber said:
there doesn't seem to be to much variety lately.
AMEN BROTHER (xcuse the pun!!!)
I did not but anything for months as nothing appealed now i am gettin back into it with stuff like the new BC album (which is F**king sick!! an i don't usually like BC as well!!)

Although I have been into DnB for over 10 years now It was only a few months ago when I got a job that pays well enough for me to buy a set of decks.

So at the moment as I am just starting my collection I'm spending about £50 to £75 a week on vinyl, though as a lot of the tunes I'm buying are classics (all at about £13 a pop) I still have a tiny collection :(

Back
Top Bottom