who finds the sound editors on synths useful?

Discussion in 'Production' started by RevTech, Apr 2, 2013.

1. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

I feel like seeing a computer screen's displaying the exact values on a synth can help out sometimes, being able to type the values in.

(last thread for a while, bye!)

2. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

Yeah same. I don't mind doing tuning by ear but it speeds up workflow if you can see the exact values as well. Especially when doing FM synthesis.

Absynth is the one for me though. I like the fact that you can switch between different modes on tuning on osc and frequency on filters.

3. Dugg Funnie

Dugg Funnie Well-Known Member

I like this if I'm playing about with parameters (especially with FM or similar algorithms) that can be finicky and really different when a value is changed by one. I also do it with Ableton's mixer, I find that typing in the gain values instead of just scrolling until it works does a bit for training the ears so that I can slowly begin to hear the loudness differences between to channels and make a good estimate the first time of the adjustment required

Edit: There really should be some sort of Absynth appreciation thread. It really has my vote for best soft synth/sampling tool.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013