Who does it better? Maduk or Dawn Wall?

Dalek657

Love Dawn Wall but really can't get into Maduk at all? Who in your mind is worth of taking Netsky's liquid crown? Dawn Wall all the way for me! Incredible vibes!

Not really listened to much Maduk stuff, but Dawn Wall have made some very good tunes thus far.

As for 'Netsky's Liquid Crown', well, opinions and all that but there are so many people that have made better liquid than Netsky.

I could do a list but i'll just mention Calibre and leave.

i don't think maduk and dawn wall are in the same sub genre of dnb. Maduk would be more euphoric liquid whereas dawn wall is more serious. not that im trying to make up sub genres for the sake of it.

i'd say dawn wall's main competition for output would be along the lines of the spearhead camp (tokyo prose/lsb/bcee).

there's no point comparing calibre to anyone because he does his own thing. there's nothing else like it.

Haven't listened to any of Maduk's tunes tbh, & if his music is like Netsky's that's probably the way it will stay. As for the comparison with Dawn Wall, well there isn't one really...

P.S. Netsky ain't got a crown of any type.

Maduk and Dawn Wall? That's a really odd comparison in my opinion, their style is completely different.

It'd make more sense to compare Maduk with Fred V & Grafix for example, and compare Dawn Wall with the likes of LSB.

I tried listening to Maduk a few times, can't get into it, can't bare his mixes, so I'd say Dawn Wall all the way..
Also for me while they seem to fall under the liquid genre, I don't feel like their music is the same kind really. I'd set aside people like Maduk and Netsky from artists like Hybrid Minds, LSB, Technimatic or Dawn wall.

Definitely not the best comparison. Dawn Wall are making some seriously good music at the moment, but i still feel they need a couple more releases till they really cement their sound. However I have always liked Maduk, being brought up through the liquicity camp his music has more of a 'fun' sound (only way i can really think of putting it) as someone said earlier more Monstercat ish (Not that thats bad). While Dawn Wall have a more technical deep sound. Would not say one is better than other as it really depends what you like and opinions will differ.

For me both are big producers. But I prefer Dawn Wall, the tunes "If I Smiled" and "Kythera" are so amazing and has a big vibe.

Back
Top Bottom