Who do YOU have high hopes/expectations for?

snatch

VIP Junglist
So were about half way through the year. So far its been a decent year for the scene imo. but what is everyone looking forward to? who are you looking for at raves? whos productions going downhill?

I have big expectations for Taxman, Crystal Clear, and lenzman.

These 3 are killing it production wise atm, big tunes left right and centre.

I also want brockie to spend about 3 weeks learning how to dj again cus his selection can be top notch if you can get your ears past the clanging.

What can we expect for the rest of this year?

Four producers that I have high hopes for and large expectations are: Eveson, Data, Instra:mental and Spectrasoul. All of them are really finding their own individual sounds at the moment and are pushing things forward and experimenting a bit more as opposed to just making 'easy & predictable' songs. They've all potentially got albums out late this year/ early next- expect big things :twisted:

every year just seems to get bigger and bigger. Theres people comming out of every corner of dnb.

People that are going to be maaaaasive this yr are:

Alix perez - New album after summer

Rockwell- Baaare dubs awaiting release.

Spectrasoul- Tunes forthcomming on Critical,DSM,Headz,Exit,Shogun...need i say anymore?

Data - Signed to Headz about 6 months ago. Already pretty big, alot more to come.

Sabre- new album on the way...goldie regrets not signing after hearing the newstuff. Incredible producer.

System...had a pretty slow yr last yr with only near miss comming out. I know hes got baare new tunes, and loving his sounds so awaiting some big stuff from him.

2010..... pffffffffff

Producers : -Mostley looking forward to Calyx & Teebee's new album coming out and Alix Perez's album too!!

DJ wise : - Id also say Sigma, cause heard there set from Bristol Academy this year and its the best set iv heard on audio all year.
Still not seen Noize do his shizz n he shit hot
Rich Reason at Creamfeilds again im sure will kill it

Four producers that I have high hopes for and large expectations are: Eveson, Data, Instra:mental and Spectrasoul. All of them are really finding their own individual sounds at the moment and are pushing things forward and experimenting a bit more as opposed to just making 'easy & predictable' songs. They've all potentially got albums out late this year/ early next- expect big things :twisted:

This

D-Bridge is to be added to the list. Good to see that Exit/Non Plus have a bit more money behind them allowing them to do more.

Other than the obvious I'd like to hear a lot more from Brother & Sabruko, perhaps a little more from Jonny L?

I'm looking forward to hear some more massive tunes from Netsky and I have very high expectations on the forthcoming album from Camo & Krooked

Safe Scotty! :2thumbs:

Ide Say hmmm for big names Spor (if he doesnt pussy out), Utopia, Spectrasoul, Icicle, D-bridge, the whole instra-mental crew bringin some deep style to dnb.

Up n comings, Netsky, Mattix n Futile, Faqade (wen he pulls his finger out), Sook, Sati to name a few off the forum!

A bunch of good shit coming out of Russia (Kubrak, Receptor, Implex, Error, Redco...)Looking forward to Jade's LP on Citrus and more releases from Fourward.

People have said said mattix and futile already, and I'm going to reitterate that point. Bit of fine tuning and I can seriously see them taking off next year.
Dexcell are walking up the path, ready to start knocking at the door.

Serum will be even bigger in the commin months, too many sick bits on dub. Lovin his sound right now.

Camo & Krooked churn out enough tunes, reckon they're capable of writing a proper timeless dancefloor smasher. Watching them for sure.

And what everyone else said basically. Spectra, alix, icicle, vicious circle, sabre, trei, all those cats.

Interface is nailing it too right now. Wickedy dancefloorjump kinda vibe.

Too many names to mention.

Last edited:
Interface is nailing it too right now. Wickedy dancefloorjump kinda vibe.

You know about Interface ;)

Almost every tune I've heard from him so far has been wicked, yes we've only really seen Typhoon and Get Low do the rounds but these both recieved a huge amount of support considering he's a brand new producer, watch out for "Attack" coming on Bryan G's Chronic label, another little killer :)

Serum is gonna continue to blow up, Bladerunner too I would think

The Brookes Bros will become even bigger after their album drops, really looking forward to that

Can't wait for anything new from Culture Shock

But the person out of all of these who is going to blow up the most for me is Furlonge, djs (especially the Hospital crew) are going to be all over his tunes next year, he's a fantastic producer

I cannot wait for the release of "Suprise" on Ram by Culture Shock & Furlonge, and the latest tune I've heard from Furlonge called "Jenga" is also a personal fave:wave:

People should look out for this guy called "Nifty" next year too, he's definately one to watch ;)

can't believe no one said naibu. the guy makes me do a sex wee in my pants.

also apex must be up to something almightly brilliant because he's only released one 12" recently.

i also hope kryptic minds and leon switch start releasing some more dnb soon, their dubstep is off the chain, but i don't buy dubstep and i reckon if they start releasing some more dnb with some of their dubstep flavours, it'll be absolutely amazing.

i'm afraid i have to disagree with spor though, he's lost his edge i reckon, he was so much darker and more creative pre and early lifted, but his latest stuff is a little to bland for me, apart from his that girl remix, everything else has just passed me by really

Looking forward to new stuff from loads of producers.

Jubei, Netsky, S.P.Y, Furlonge, Nympho, Lenzman, Soul Intent, Serum, Eveson, Dexcell, Instra:Mental, Data, Bcee, Mutt.

Album wise: Brookes Bros', Perez, Majik & Wickaman, Instra:Mental, Sabre, etc

LOADS of good music about and really talented prodcuers pushing their own sounds.

Prospekt showed me this guy the other day: http://www.myspace.com/redcoukr

His stuff is SICK.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom