Who can scratch?

i can scratch pretty well, dont really display it when i am playin out but i have a standard scrtch set up, penny n giles (in my Xone) and M447 stylus, been at it for years tho, used to be huglely into it, then i got into pure mixing and went shabby but i am well back on it...i found i was shit and i couldnt get the right sound at all, then on day it clicked and i was chirpin way man, i like it...

Rob Del Terroh is a bit of a sicko when it comes to poppin boss scratchin...seen him do his thing a couple of times and it deserves a shout.

i can scratch pretty well, dont really display it when i am playin out but i have a standard scrtch set up, penny n giles (in my Xone) and M447 stylus, been at it for years tho, used to be huglely into it, then i got into pure mixing and went shabby but i am well back on it...i found i was shit and i couldnt get the right sound at all, then on day it clicked and i was chirpin way man, i like it...

Rob Del Terroh is a bit of a sicko when it comes to poppin boss scratchin...seen him do his thing a couple of times and it deserves a shout.

nice one dude would be cool to hear.. cant say im properly set up for it but will prob get the shure needles when ive got my 1210's

whenever Im out and a DJ's stratching people are mad for it.. then again they are prob the people who say 'oh your a dj you make the wicky wicky wow sound' :| haha

but it is quality when done well

defo lad, it makes a good DJ, but it can be over done, take hype has over done it, it can get stale unless u come up with something new, if i can recommed a good set it Marky @ homelands 2003 live in radio 1, infront of 1000's of heads, jus whips out zinc-elevate and starts scratchin to the bass of the tune...i was there it was fuckin off its box....i will find it lad

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1WUCN39H boss essential mix....

Joeys got it right, it can be amazing when done properly but if you over do it like hype in some sets its fuckin well annoying.

Also another set for good scratching is the DJ Hype - Jungle Massive CD

I like to have a go. Got myself a pioneer 909, which is to scratching what mobility scooters are to the lazy.

I really want to start to learn but unfortunatly, being on a gap year in oz i had to leave my decks at home! Aussies love their happy hardcore it seems and its full of scratching, sounds pretty good!

Do you have to use specific vinyl with samples cut into it?
Also will regular (Illipticle?) styli for mixing work for the odd bit of scratching or will it just knacker my needles out?

Im a purist mixing DJ so im not that well educated with scratching lol!

---------- Post added at 10:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

Probably gonna be slated for this but fuck the wankers!

This, in my opinion is some mean scratching/ sampling/ whatever its called skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heiwHwZ3Edg&feature=related

and yes i am more than aware it isnt dnb and in the context that you are talking about, but scratching is scratching!

*edit

i meant sampling as he must of used his own samples of the original track and put them into serato or whatever it is he must of been using?

Last edited:
Do you have to use specific vinyl with samples cut into it?

You dont have to but its easier to, I have a track called Scottie by Droid an before the drop it says Scottie so I have pissed about trying to scratch with that. Battle tools are much better tho as you will have hundreds of samples on the record most of the time they have some beats on there as well so you have so hip hop to scratch to if you dont already own any. Qbert even does skip proof scratch vinyls which basicly means the needle can bounce out of the groove and into the next one and you still get the same sound, but obviously there arent as many samples on these ones.

i have one of them 'battle' vinyls. got some wicked samples on it. I bought it to learn to scratch. I still havnt learned yet. I must try.

defo lad, it makes a good DJ, but it can be over done, take hype has over done it, it can get stale unless u come up with something new, if i can recommed a good set it Marky @ homelands 2003 live in radio 1, infront of 1000's of heads, jus whips out zinc-elevate and starts scratchin to the bass of the tune...i was there it was fuckin off its box....i will find it lad

oh my GOD joey you fucking ledge! i was there right at the front, in the rain... watching this shit! wanted this set for time... i will actually suck you off if i ever meet you!

oh my GOD joey you fucking ledge! i was there right at the front, in the rain... watching this shit! wanted this set for time... i will actually suck you off if i ever meet you!

haha stix nutter! it is a quality set :)

---------- Post added at 11:09 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

i have one of them 'battle' vinyls. got some wicked samples on it. I bought it to learn to scratch. I still havnt learned yet. I must try.

same!

I did scratchin a fair bit in Dj comps and stuff and a while back in my sets at my night but now having a Xone 62 its not possible :( I do miss scratchin actually cos if you compliment the tune properly it can sound like its part of the track! People have said that to me many times hehehe..

At one I played at they had a separate deck for scrating and this fucking bellend was scratching thru my whole fucking set and I swear I coulda knocked him out!!!

There is a time and place!! Quality over quantity is the key rule when scratching over tunes.. That goes for every genre! Oh and scratching over electro breakdowns and dubstep breaks are where its at!!!

I did scratchin a fair bit in Dj comps and stuff and a while back in my sets at my night but now having a Xone 62 its not possible :( I do miss scratchin actually cos if you compliment the tune properly it can sound like its part of the track! People have said that to me many times hehehe..

At one I played at they had a separate deck for scrating and this fucking bellend was scratching thru my whole fucking set and I swear I coulda knocked him out!!!

There is a time and place!! Quality over quantity is the key rule when scratching over tunes.. That goes for every genre! Oh and scratching over electro breakdowns and dubstep breaks are where its at!!!

what a bad idea to let some jocky loose on a seperate deck..

should really learn but there you go

First time to this forum, actually came on to find some Dilla beat tapes... anywho, i've been djing sicne i was 18, i'm 23 now and got crazy with the skratching, learned various tricks with n without the fader, umm a good movie to learn various scratches is Scratchlopedia Breaktannica. very good over 100 different scratches... if anybody wants to peep some skratches i've done i'd be glad to e-mail you a track i did :) i'm diggin this forum by the way, fresh for all forms of djing/music/ and producing...

oooooooooooooooooooh sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

I Kamanchi - 'Circus' (Full Cycle)
DJ Hazard - 'Evaqs' (True Playaz)
Jay Maetc - 'Unknown' (Infrared)
Q Project - 'Fallen Star' (Cia)
Simonbassunesmith - 'Jungalist, Twisted Individual Remix' (Technique)
DJ Cupz - 'Pitchshift' (Dub Plate)
Calibre - 'Signs' (Dub Plate)
DJ Zinc - 'Elevated' (True Playaz)
Distorted Mindz - 'T 10' Remix (Kaos)
Jay Magic - 'Caporiea DJ Clipz Remix' (Infared)
Alex Reece - 'Pulp Fiction Lemon D Remix' (Metal Heads)
Distorted Mindz - 'Feel' (Dub Plate)
Nosher - 'Total Science' Baron Remix' (Cia)
XRS - 'Backspin' (Dub Plate)
Pendulum - 'Vault' (31 Records)
Ed Rush & Optical - 'Hammerhaed' (Virus)
Distorted Mindz - 'T 10 Original' (Kaos)
Calibre - 'Vocal Tune' (Dub Plate)
Jay Magic - 'Elephant' (Infrared)
Calibre - 'Blue Top' (Outerscope)
Jahied - 'Calibre Remix' (Dub Plate)
Marky & XRS - LK Marcus Intalex Remix' (V Recs)

T/L "_

Back
Top Bottom