Who are you looking out for in 2011?

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by alz, Dec 22, 2010.

1. alz

alz compress to impress

Bout the time of the year for this post, been a big year with shit loads of heavy releases and some very decent artists that have broken through with big big sounds.

1) Jubei - I know he's by no means a new artist but his releases in the last year have been some of my favourites. I honestly see Jubei being spoken about with the same regard as Break and Commix if he isn't already, really can't wait to see what he's bringing next year.

2) Enei - Don't know a lot about this guy, but his collab with Eastcolours on Critical is gonna set January off, hopefully be seeing some more big releases throughout the year.

3) Joe Syntax - His last two releases, 'Sentinels' and particularly 'Slingshot' I really loved. He's successfully combining that dark liquid sound with dancefloor vibes, I don't think it'll be long before people really start to notice him.

4) Hybris - Who didn't love 'The Cleaner'? It's one tune I still can't get enough of! With another banger 'The Elusive 101' and an EP coming on Noisia's Invisible label already penned for next year, the only way I can see is up for him.

5) Octane and DLR - It's hard to hear a techy mix at the moment that doesn't include a track by these guys. With tracks like 'Jazz Dub', 'The Jazz Club' and 'Walrus' prime examples of an out of the box approach to a sound most producers are going for, I can see the guys rising as other producers begin to stagnate.

6) Amoss - I can see a big 2011 for these two, their track 'Glurg Monster' is another favourite of mine, tight percussion with a wicked evil bassline really set it off. There are more forthcoming tunes on their mixes for Broken Audio, the Buried Audio and Abstractions Podcasts.

7) Seba - This guy is fast becoming one of my favourite producers 'The Joy (Face to Face)' has been one of my favourite tracks to listen to this year. He has the ability to blend those nice dark sounds and then turn around and make the most soulful melodic tracks I've heard. I would really like to hear more liquid from him in the new year.

I will add a couple more to this and posts peoples soundclouds etc under names but my net has decided to die so much I can barely load a page, so an edit will come later.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

dub phizix, skeptical, mad rabbit, enei, dbr uk, sovex, sub bruen, logic, outlook... too many people, gonna be making some real bangers

3. Decox

Decox Member

Billain.. One of the darkest producers out there, He will be big in the future. Rockwell, Alix perez plenty more to come from these two. Yea i expect to see a lot more from Enei and Hybris.. Really liking Hybris's stuff. Also FD.

4. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

Enei - That kid has got some amazing music on the go. Cracker & Danger Dance will be my first purchase of the new year for sure. Big 12

Culture Shock - The music speaks for itself. Too much about to drop next year

5. Multeeplex

Multeeplex very drunken

6. archive

archive Member

looking forward to ulterior motive, zero t, need for mirrors, rockwell and jubei to come out with some new stuff
    big year for these guys

7. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

I just lean back and relax tbh.

8. J-Rex

J-Rex soundcloud.com/j-rex

callide
    hybris
    decimal bass
    cue
    prestige
    davip
    hunchbak
    high maintenance
    cliffhanga
    amoss
    jekyll

9. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

Dub Phizix
    Halogenix
    Amoss
    Pessimist
    Hunchbak
    DP3
    Kessla

10. simon_schoon

simon_schoon Member

I want to see much much much much much much much much much much more commix. There production never fails to utterly amaze me, heard that nightlife track i have you on my mates system the other day was so vibes. Obviously i realize they're not new and are tried and tested, but this year there was an epic lack of their production due to the launch of recall to mind. When i'm talking about releases i mean vinyl

11. Della

Della Member

My Main 3 are:
    S.P.Y, i can't want to see what else is going to be produced next year, hes come out with some absolute heart stomping dancefloor killers of recent, not to mention before that aswell. I mean the likes of 'Xenomorph' and 'Stormtrooper'... nomnomnom

Jubei 100%, NVNG was big and he carried on the standard with his Distrust EP, no doubt he will follow through with much more in the year to come. Looking forward to it

Enei, personally hadn't heard much production from him until recently (can't believe he went under my radar for so long) but definately listening out for more. One Chance smashed it on Nightlife 5

Plus: Wilkinson, Octane & DLR, Need For Mirrors, Rockwell & Siren. Just listened to
    'The Cleaner' and love it, after reading this blog @alz i am definately going to be looking out for Hybris in the year to come

12. Tim Viper Recs

Tim Viper Recs Viper Recordings

Smooth aka Telekinesis. Gonna be a big year for him, trust.

13. Structure4

Structure4 Member

All the Temah guys, (Offkey Raiden, outrage etc.) and as always Break & Icicle. Some new Fracture & Neptune stuff is sounding good too.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  14. DJ Hannibal

DJ Hannibal Member

Fred v and grafix...those 2 are just waiting to be pulled permanently to someone like hospital.

Culture shock...hes been around for some time now but i have always wanted more from him and it looks like he is going to deliver this year. His tunes are all completely different but instantly recognisable as being one of his tunes....thats not easy!

15. DamageCase7

DamageCase7 Better off dead.

S.P.Y
    Hybris
    Icicle

Expecting Spearhead to make a killing next year.

16. boobjunkie

boobjunkie Active Member

icicle
    halogenix
    spinline
    enei
    stray
    amoss
    skeptical
    dub phizix
    carera

17. Tensor

Tensor Active Member

for me its gotta be:

Skeptical
    enei
    dub phizix
    DBR UK
    jubei
    spinline
    joe syntax
    Octane & DLR
    icicle

18. DjTiesticles

DjTiesticles Well-Known Member

Exit
    Autonomic
    Non Plus+

D-Bridge's latest tweet made me go weak at the knees.

'iPod is full of Forthcoming Exit LP's to get me through this trip. Mosaic Vol 1, They Live, Loxy & Resound, Dan HarbarNam and Consequene.'

Fucking win

19. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

Like alot of you have already said I reckon the 'Diffrent' crew will be huge in 2011.
    Hunchbak, Dakosa, Thorne, Shaded.
    Eleven8 & Jekyll are producing some absolute monsters, got real talent.

Skeptical, Jubei, June Miller, Seba. All the Exit, Darkestral, Nonplus people as well. Theres too many!

20. Elias

Elias Member

stray
    jubei
    icicle
    rockwell
    seba
    hybris
    enei
    bcee
    spy