Who actually likes Dubstep

Do u like Dubstep?

• Yes

Votes: 83 79.8%
  • NO!! it Whack!!

Votes: 21 20.2%

• Total voters
no ones turnin their back on it dude.
it's like saying you can't buy hip hop records because they're not dnb....
it's just nice to own tunes that are good.

and dub is about the closet thing you're guna get to dnb without it being dnb. if you gets me.

no ones turnin their back on it dude.
it's like saying you can't buy hip hop records because they're not dnb....
it's just nice to own tunes that are good.

and dub is about the closet thing you're guna get to dnb without it being dnb. if you gets me.

I 100% agree, i spent quite a bit on dub vinyl this week actually. Im just saying the people hu say the've moved to dub and play more dub than dnb etc.

I 100% agree, i spent quite a bit on dub vinyl this week actually. Im just saying the people hu say the've moved to dub and play more dub than dnb etc.

Hah, if i could mix dubstep well id probably shift over to it more. Got a couple of tunes but i just find it so hard to beatmatch dubstep, and i have no idea why.

Its not that i prefer it over dnb, but its novel and a bit exciting. I can always listen to a buff dnb tune and be like "wow", but when you hear a new dub bassline coming in its like "FUCK ME WOW".

in that respect...
i was in a (partly) successfull band 18 months ago, playing (for want of a better word) rock music.
but then i started djing around the same time i quit.
since then i've got on force fm, played a few sweet venues and festivals, and work with a bunch of wicked guys who put on nights in and around romford (clockwork)
i can say i'm a lot happier doing this now than i ever was in the band.
i don't really know what my point is. i guess people's tastes do change, sometimes for the better or for the worse.
i just can't imagine my life with out dnb right now, or ever. and 'changing genre's' was the best decision i ever made.

i guess the moral of the story is, just follow your heart. and fuck what other people think.

that, and don't rely on anyone else but yourself.

STAY GOLD PONY BOY, WOOOP WOOOP WOOPWOOP.

i thought dnb started in iraq?

o and i voted yes. i love dubstep. still a bit picky but i could last a whole dubstep night.. maybe.. but dubstep in my opinion is more of a sauce than a course. dnb is the meal.. what the set is.. a dnb set.. and the dubstep is that little sauce that spices up the mix so the dnb ravers go crazy. in other words i meen halfway in a dnb set u drop the pace and add a phew dubstep songs and then pace it back up.. always be dnb no 1 tho :P

Dubstep is a genre of electronic music that has its roots in London's early 2000s UK garage scene. The sound of dubstep originally came out of productions by El-B, Steve Gurley, Oris Jay, and Zed Bias etc in 1999-2000.The name of the genre was coined by Ammunition Promotions. Bigapple records croyden was legendary shop where all the pioneers of the music in its early days used to go ... DJ Hatcha used to work there ...

:D

Back
Top Bottom