Whiterob - Whiterob forgot his sunscreen

hey man... where to start, bass sound is naff to be totally honest that simple wobble is very sickly. Not a nice oscillator. go with something more subtle and smoother to begin with, (fat and heavy sounds need very good technique) secondly sounds like your still trying to write a beat with single hits from the samples you got with your software!! get looking for some good drum samples IMo (if u havnt got any) there are lots of packs with good kicks and snares but most people recommend the vengeance packs. something like that with some good kick / snares.

what style were you going for, jump up? best to spend a little more time thinking about what you are writing and maybe listening to some more dnb.

hey man... where to start, bass sound is naff to be totally honest that simple wobble is very sickly. Not a nice oscillator. go with something more subtle and smoother to begin with, (fat and heavy sounds need very good technique) secondly sounds like your still trying to write a beat with single hits from the samples you got with your software!! get looking for some good drum samples IMo (if u havnt got any) there are lots of packs with good kicks and snares but most people recommend the vengeance packs. something like that with some good kick / snares.

what style were you going for, jump up? best to spend a little more time thinking about what you are writing and maybe listening to some more dnb.

hey man, thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated..and needed. I was making a stab at doing jump up style stuff. The way I'm doing beats at the moment is with free samples from computer music magazine and some breaks from a free sample pack i downloaded. I was messing about with the stutter effect on artillery to kind of mess about with the beats and add in little breaks.
Thanks for the tip on vengeance packs. where can I get some?
still learning when it comes to synths/basslines and the like tbh so I'll try and get something better together for the next one. hopin to get a decent soft synth in the next while, any recommendations?

Good start man! I don't quite like the percussions you got going on in the l/r channels though. Also, try to shorten the hats a bit and add a few ghost snares in between (not really necessary with jump up tunes though). Put some more energy on the drums before starting on the bassline. Try getting familiar with the equalizer so you can master the bassline better.

in my opinion, try and grab as many free samples as you can using the web and what ever resources you have, if you cant do this then buying a pack is the only way but i couldnt advise the best one, i use alot of samples from magazines and shit aswell

Back
Top Bottom