white month regalia countdown

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by logikz, Feb 3, 2012.

1. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

ok, i just done a white month, (meaning no drugs or alcohol) and ive decided to extend it to tuesday next week. thats the 7th of feb. basically i been drinking a lot of tea and going to bed early. watching old 70s flicks and playing the guitar.
    it hasnt been easy, im a mean drunk and chronic alcoholic.

mate of mine was leaving the country and wanted me to hook him up with good yay, so i did and then i had to sit there and drink tea when a whole apartment of people went bonkers. i lasted about an hour and went home at 12. it was funny to see the effect it has on people though, when youre sober you can really tell the difference. they all turned into raving lunatics, total babbling fools with the attention span of a stillborn adhd six year old. surely im not like that when on the old razzle dazzle.
    i cleaned out the studio the other day, throwing away the junk my ex left behind and found an absolutely insane amount of drugs, and thought to myself lo, the lord is testing me. threw it all away.
    there has been a series of unfortunate events and i didnt turn to drink even once.
    in a way i think staying clean has been my salvation, made me stronger emotionally cos i had this principle to hold on to.
    if i was drunk and high all this time chances are i would have been a broken man (or? cos i been doing just fine up until the other day when i decided on doing a white month, i been drunk since round 2000 shit ill probably die tomorrow. anyway thats a thought thats been popping up in my moments of weakness and doubt)

today is day number 5.
    5 more days to go. and then im not really sure what im going to do tbh, stay high until i hit rockbottom has occured to me, but then going on for another month also has. i dont want to be an all or nothing kind of guy, it should be possible to find a middle and gallivant along it with a glass of wine in hand should it not?

2. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

And I thought this was going to be a racist thread! Logikz whether you can drink in reasonable amounts is something you're going to have to find out for yourself. Just dont go back to being a slave to it. Not sure that it's possible with yay though. Much more dangerous.

Don't you feel a whole lot better off it? Buying nice clothes and that?

3. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Hang on in there.

4. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

Heroin. thats a good, clean, safe and non-addictive drug. I recommend you take loads of it. perfectly harmless.

5. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

well done logikz man

6. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

Nice one Karl, I bet you feel like a different guy in a sense, as for continuing I guess that's up to you mate, maybe the longer you do it for the easier it will be to find that middle ground in the future

And I've never thrown drugs away, it's crossed my mind but that's it so well done on that too.

7. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

Karl, how the hell did you do it? I need to sober up for a month, no drink or drugs, detox myself with green tea and water, that sort of shit. I need tips mate, first week should be easy, but keeping it up will be hard...

8. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

imo i think first one will be the hardest. need to do that aswell tbh... lots of shit going on in my life atm and have to get everything back together. works better if sober i assume..

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

good for ya tho mate, well played!

9. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

Give yourself a pat on the back champ. If I was in your position at the moment I'd go another month, as someone said it'll probably b easy to find the happy medium then.
    I'm fairly envious of your position, I reckon i spend about 30 quid a day in the pub. Definitely the situation through the entire month of december anyway. I might try and have a white month, save some cash and buy a car or book a holiday.

How do you start it? My insides already feel sad for me even considering it, I think they like being drowned in lager.

10. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Well Done, I've found the future lies in extended blowouts, few times a year, doing nothing inbetween, then for 4 or 5 days straight make up for it, fucking everything, get it out your system, few days of awfulness, then by the next Thursday put on a clean shirt and tie and get on with it, like nothings happened, have normal conversations with people, build up the tenseness then bang!!! again. repeat.

11. logikz

it started with a few days of getting my shit together after new years and then i was taken ill, i got double pneumonia, so i couldnt drink anyway (with the antibiotics and that) for ten days, and by that point i was already two weeks in, so i figured why dont i make it a full month? only two more weeks to go, seemed like a good idea.
    double pneumonia btw is so fucking horrible you dont want to drink, the thought didnt even cross my mind, just wanted to get better.
    but bloody hell its been long man, time has been slooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww, and my spine is twitching, my brain is itchy, my jaws clench, im jumpy, crush any cup or glass or anything i hold in my hands for too long, scribble words like 'swine bed friend' and 'skinned knife sunrise,' swear constantly at everything, kick any reflective surface, if not pay attention i glare like a rabid dog at people on the tram. but all that is slowly subsiding and the benefits so far that i can tell you are noticeable
    1. not tired in the morning, jump right out of bed going hup hup time to go to work!
    2. not moody, usually i would get hangover moody round noon and have various mood swings through the day until i got my drink
    3. not bloated, a month off takes away that alcohol puffiness
    4. the money saved is insane
    5. brain is sharper and works quicker, you know that thing you shouldve said but only thought of it hours after the exchange was over? its usually the case with me but i noticed i ive been quicker lately.

also you use italics more, i been using that heaps lately.

today is day 3! ive concluded that ill do another month but with one blowout next weekend. think ive earned it.
    thanks for saying encouraging shit everyone, i will continue the countdown. also, its back to the gym tomorrow. im pretty cosmo all in all.

12. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

You have inspired me to try this. Sadly a snowboard season being unemployed seems the least opportune time except for the saved money. Maybe I will try a week and see how that goes?

13. logikz

sure sam, got to start somewhere, specially if you been overdoing it for a while. or just to save money, like in your case. 19 year olds are made of water and wind you couldnt self destruct if you tried at your tender young innocent exciting new smell of shampoo and soap white underwear this all gets me rather randy age. are you going snowboarding again this year?

14. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

snowboarding almost everyday Karlova. Sadly I had bust my hand up so can't wear my gloves and go riding at the moment. Beautiful bluebird days though at the minute so we are having a BBQ tomorrow, so gonna wait until after that. It seems impossible to have a BBQ and not have a beer. Or several. Or even some rum.

15. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

I haven't drunk alcohol since Thursday, haven't smoked weed for about 3-4 months, I smoke on average 4-5 rollys a day, haven't done any sort of powder for nearly 3 weeks, but staying off the drink is the main challenge/problem for me...

16. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

What about food, surely thats a big thing your diet changed much? thats a big factor, I'm clearly not on the healthy side of life, I noticed when i skipped food the night before I'm steaming angry let alone be stone cold sober, i kinda like the whole self retained idea of life, small dwelling where no one knows me, veg patch spend all day cooking and tending to plants, maybe fuck some bitch inbtween my emails, apart from that be totally self sufficient, but its not happening I hate everyone i see and its only monday soon

17. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

After a suggestion I done did 2 weeks, and some days during January once. I done nearly two months last year, then celebrated with booze. I felt I let myself down and regretted it.

I now realise I should have spent more time searching the underworld for pamphlets, experimented with different cheeses, possibly learned the actual physical loveliness of exotic expressionistic foreign dance, in tuxedos. Nurtured gardens with potted plants and knitted socks so awesome that people became addicted to me. Then were having group sessions, talking about how much it would be better if they didn't touch me as I was so awesome but destructive to their everything. Too moreish. Too well sex.

Then I realised I was a ghost and bruce willis was trying invane to help me.

I then woke up. Pissed.

18. logikz

your intimacy destroys. i recognize that from somewhere, could be from shintoism. and a relationship based on heroin. have you considered that you might be a forest spirit, that of a bridge perhaps, the chinese would put rice and money under it. their rural religious philosophy being basic animism. and also theyre nobheads. ive seen them do it man. that would explain bruce willis and the whole ghost bit. all in all, if you went to bed sober and woke up drunk nobody is richer than you.

i eat less and im not as hungry as i used to be. its weird cos the intake of calories is so much lower youd think id eat more. it is most satisfying for a man to live off the land, grow his own crops and hunt. the problem is i need to shred on the electric guitar every twenty minutes or so, its a terrible affliction and i cant lead a normal life.

edit: also, day 2!

19. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

penis breath

20. logikz

i heard about that, supposedly its the supreme cure against any ailment you can imagine. but my man miguel (latin american, i think bolivia) has been on it for like years and he doesnt have a job and smells really bad in his apartment so i dont know if legit.

anyway its a month tomorrow so its really day 1 today. DAY 1.