Which synths (if any) do you use and why?!

Discussion in 'Production' started by Cat Gas, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

Just curious.

I use Rob Papen Blue, and NI massive. massive because I really like the layout, but not for such complex sounds as to my ears atleast the sounds i get out of it all have the same kind of plasticy overtone, not really that warm if you get me. Blue for a different style and structure.

2. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

Operator, coz its tasty! awsome routing possibilities for FM, very nice filters, perfect for filth; also Analog, dirty reese & noise machine, pulse modulation is warm n deep, and lots of options for creating beautiful pads, both Ableton Live synths, so they are fully integrated

3. T:M

T:M Dusty Techno Workout

For starters Logics ES2 and EFM cause they are built in to Logic and you can make some awesome sounds with them. I've also been using U-He Zebralette a lot lately because it was free and despite only being one oscillator you can do some seriously crazy shit with it!

But my favorite synth has got to be NI Absynth 5. This beautiful piece of software can sound lush, dark, harsh, uplifting, forbidding, alienating, just plain bizarre and anyhow else you want it to sound. Serious learning curve to it, which I'm still getting the hang of but, overall it's a beast. Plus, it can run in Standalone, FX mode and Midi-Controlled FX mode! Boo-yah! :slayer:

Also, I'm purchasing NI Razor later this month, so we will have to see what happens there.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  4. yogi23

yogi23 Member

Massive and Thor because i am familiar with the two of them and know what to expect when using them

5. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

For start from scratch basses/leads I use Albino 3, for a preset lead or pad I might go Z3ta.

Is there a synth where you can draw in your modulator freehand, like crazy envelopes. Is that what you can do in Massive? That would be real handy.

6. phaselocked

phaselocked New Member

Some of logic's build in synths are truly amazing.

7. johnnyj

johnnyj Member

Software: Albino 3 because of the amazing built-in filters + saturation, Massive because of the interface, z3ta+ because of the excellent saw oscillators
    Hardware: SH101 because of the pure analogness, Virus C for the same reason.