Which software ?!

Dirty_D

So im really new to production in college atm and would like to know which software would be the best to start producing jump up on a mac ? If possible would like reasons why its better not just telling me which is best lol :banana:

Cheers Dom

It's all about taste I guess, I use Logic for my productions but Ableton is also a great daw. I had been working a bit in cubase and pro tools when I went to school. We had a one half year recording tech class. So for me logic made most sense to get as it works the closest to those programs for mac imo.

But really none of them are the better one, I was just more comfortable with the looks of logic!

Yup, it doesn't really matter, try the demos out and see which is the most comfortable.

If you're on a Mac, give Logic a shot. Admittedly I'm a bit biased in that it's my DAW of choice...However, for only $200 you get a full DAW loaded with synths, plugins, samples, etc.

Of course I'd be lying if I said it's the perfect program...but in the end, every DAW has it's own flaws/bugs.

Cheers.

Ive just literally started using Ableton as Logic needs a mega fucking update and the audio bridge is such a piece of shit its not even worth running 32bit. I love logic but it has too many gay flaws when projects get big!

I'd say ableton.

the good news is every major DAW has a trial version mate, so it's just a case of downloading each trial version individually and seeing which one YOU feel best suited with. cus honestly we all have our preferences, I can produce some absolutely monster stuff in reason, but if I tried 2 do the same in fruity loops it sounds pretty fucking shit. every DAW has its own pros and cons of course but it's not really about that tbh, it's about which you feel suits you better as a individual.

^^^^ that.
try em out. download at least 3 trial versions of software. give each one a fair go - then go for the one you like the best.
cos the best software is the software that makes making tunes easy for YOU.

ableton or logic... the stock plugs for these 2 are really good so u wont need to buy more 3rd party crap. also, since you are starting u will find a lot of tuts online. good luck!

Ive just literally started using Ableton as Logic needs a mega fucking update and the audio bridge is such a piece of shit its not even worth running 32bit. I love logic but it has too many gay flaws when projects get big!

I'd say ableton.

Russia-DJ brings up a good point: Native Mac OS is 64bit. If you choose Logic as your DAW, make sure any plugins you get are 64bit–Logic's 32bit bridge is not very stable and you'll want to take advantage of a 64bit environment to maximize your RAM.

Personally, I've dumped all my 3rd party plugs/synths that are 32bit only so I don't have the bridge active.

Cheers.

Unfortunately, FL Studio is not natively available for the Mac.

They offered up beta testing for an OSX version several months back, but I have yet to hear anymore news. regarding its status.

Cheers.

Last edited:
KAWAIII~~ desu :3

FL_Chan_Chibi_2__by_Frutly_Loops_Chan.jpg

Logic is the obvious choice if you are on MAC, if only for the fact it's cheap.

You also have Reason, which is a solid program.

Cubase is too expensive to recommend and has a ton of features that you will never, ever use.

Back
Top Bottom