Which software ?!

but is also limited, and imo only works best when rewired into another DAW.

Lots of big name producers use it. It's stock plugins are arguably a lot better than the ones you get in other DAWS.

Plus you can buy plugins for it now too, so the argument that it's limited because it does not support vst plugins is no longer applicable.

Russia-DJ brings up a good point: Native Mac OS is 64bit. If you choose Logic as your DAW, make sure any plugins you get are 64bit–Logic's 32bit bridge is not very stable and you'll want to take advantage of a 64bit environment to maximize your RAM.

Personally, I've dumped all my 3rd party plugs/synths that are 32bit only so I don't have the bridge active.

Cheers.

So guess you don't use Massive then? ... And its RussLa not RussIa ;)

I started on Reason and just couldnt get on with it. Switched to Logic when I got a MAC and I do love it. Russla's right about the amount of bugs, the amount of crashes is fucking annoying, but it does have some wicked features and its really user friendly I thought.

Doh!! Sorry about the name spelling man, autocorrect got the best of me. :)

Not sure what you mean about massive, it's 64bit.

Ahh yeh i swear it was 32bit, someone told me a while ago and just believed it lol!! Anyhoo, the bridge is a pile of wank! ha!

Ahh yeh i swear it was 32bit, someone told me a while ago and just believed it lol!! Anyhoo, the bridge is a pile of wank! ha!

All good Russla-DJ. Yeah they upped it to 64bit awhile back in addition to the rest of Komplete 8. Bridge is definitely a pile of wank, and that's putting it nicely. :)

Cheers!

We like to use protools as we mainly work in audio and in my opinion it's one of the best if not the best for work with audio. As a new user to daws I would say reason as it's all there for you in the package, then you can get to grips with production and if you like it move up to something like logic or protools if you feel necessary. End of the day it's what works best for you and your workflow try out the demos. Some midi keyboards these days come with a cut down version of the full software thats always an option

Reaper works nicely on Mac too, in my experience. Not nearly as good built in plugins as Ableton though (or others I presume, I've only demoed Ableton thus far). Is there a demo for Logic? I thought I looked for one and couldn't find it...

Back
Top Bottom