Which sequencer/ host are you using right now?

M-Code

Hubbidy Hibbedy
The most common are Cubase SX, Logic, FL Studio & Reason. There are others but these are the main ones that people tend to use. I recommend you get some demo versions and try each one for a while to see which one suits you best.

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
M-Code said:
The most common are Cubase SX, Logic, FL Studio & Reason. There are others but these are the main ones that people tend to use. I recommend you get some demo versions and try each one for a while to see which one suits you best.
:word:

If you use Logic or Cubase, how do you use it?

If you make your drum tracks, do you use audio clips or do you use MIDI notes and a sampler VSTi?

I'm using Tracktion and (mainly) energyXT, by the way. I don't use any sampler, I just cut a break into several clips and arrange them :)

junglist1 said:
I'm trying to use Reason but I can't get any sound out of it.I also tried to hook it up to Cubase SL and still no luck.Lil help??
Edit -> Preferences -> Audio -> Audio Card Driver.

When you first start it, it's set to "No Sound". Select whichever driver yer using instead. :drums:

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Can you rewire FL Studio 4 or 5 with Acid Pro 5?

I used to use Acid Pro, good days.

If so, how do you rewire? I've never even done that before :alf:

timewastin said:
If you use Logic or Cubase, how do you use it?

If you make your drum tracks, do you use audio clips or do you use MIDI notes and a sampler VSTi?

I'm using Tracktion and (mainly) energyXT, by the way. I don't use any sampler, I just cut a break into several clips and arrange them :)
could do it like that but i feel i get a better groove by triggering the splices from the midi keyboard via a vst sampler.

i like to do it firstly at the original speed of the loop then raise the pitch and tempo.

sdm said:
Can you rewire FL Studio 4 or 5 with Acid Pro 5?

I used to use Acid Pro, good days.

If so, how do you rewire? I've never even done that before :alf:

I dont really know I hate Fruity :teeth: But you rewire in Acid the same as in Cubase, (I can roughly explain it if you want). I havent noticed any reference to Fruity within Acid but I havent had it long. I'll have a look and get back to you.