Which name to book? HELP

Dubzie

Hey.

We put on a free weekly dnb night in Harrow (NW London). Because its a free night we want to include the people that come in our decisions. We have a £600 budget to book some name djs for a night in a couple months.

Just wondering what names people think have the best draw factor for that sort of price. ie we want the most mass appeal.

Anybody got an opinion?

:confused:

I'd say book some forum heads, many would do it for free and there are some wicked djs on here.

Otherwise, if you want mass appeal on that budget I'd say look at some of the hospital heads, especially as they are in london. Get Marcus Intalex and I'll come!

I'd say you host subgenre nights.
This week jump up, next week breakbeat, week after that dark dnb, ...
You could also try to book one expensive big name to draw some ppl to come,
and fill up the rest with beginning or intermediate dj's.

Maybe some guys from here will come and do a set for a good price.
Or book some online radio dj's. You'll work it out mate.
And if you've got artists to come this week, they'll definatly give you some good leads on other guys for following nights.

cheers

book subterra, he'll definitly fit in your budget. Pm me and i can tell you how much, give you his details, you could get them off his myspace as well.

How many Djs were you thinking? Because that kind of budget will get you next to noone if you wanted 2...for a single Dj there are alot of big names that would go at that price and a slightly lesser one...

What subgenre exactly?

Hey.

We put on a free weekly dnb night in Harrow (NW London). Because its a free night we want to include the people that come in our decisions. We have a £600 budget to book some name djs for a night in a couple months.

Just wondering what names people think have the best draw factor for that sort of price. ie we want the most mass appeal.

Anybody got an opinion?

Looking for some (i.e. more than one) name DJs with mass appeal for £600...

You'll be lucky...

Nicky Blackmarket is cheap and can still pull a crowd.

We were offered some names I would consider big (Break or Icicle to name a couple) for well inside that budget. But, not sure if they will pack the venue out as its a 30 min tube ride out of kings cross. Might need to aim a little higher... or at least more broad styled.

If anybody wants to play, send me a demo and Im sure we'll find you a slot. Cant afford to pay anyone though.

We dont make any money from the event by the way. Just doing it for a regular place to play out and to bring something good to the areas nightlife...which is otherwise pitiful.

Free entry every week. check out the facebook group for more details.

Any ideas / links / suggestions for DJs give me a shout.

I like the internet / pirate radio dj's idea. Anyone know any?

How many Djs were you thinking? Because that kind of budget will get you next to noone if you wanted 2...for a single Dj there are alot of big names that would go at that price and a slightly lesser one...

What subgenre exactly?

TBH I appreciate all sub genres of DNB. Personally I have a slight preference ragga and jump up dnb but some people involved with like neuro. some people like liquid. Nobody really minds what sort of sub genre we go for. All we want is to see the venue packed.

I dont mind if we get 1 artists or 2 for the money either. as long as its rammed.

Any ideas?

If you are looking to pull in a crowd, then maybe go for someone like Marky? I don't know how much he costs though tbh.

It sounds like its about finding a name that peeps know, so maybe Commix?

Wide appeal, cheap budget, but you want value for your money.

Nicky Blackmarket.

Simples.

LOL @ Marky for £600, at least double that for him.

Commix is a good shout though.

Last edited:
Marky for £600?! In my wildest dreams...

Well In the case you dont mind if its 1 artist your pretty well in, i wont talk about prices because I swear not to but name some artists you fancy and ill let you know if they are in the ballpark...

Alot of the RAM camp are within range fyi

Brookes Bros are fairly cheap.
Also with regards to demos check the soundcloud in my sig for a mix. We are only in Watford, so its not that far for us to travel.

Kasra or Jubei are pretty reasonable. Could draw in a gd crowd with them aswell. Critcal/Matalheadz night......

Back
Top Bottom