WHICH MIXER SHOULD I BUY??

HURTZEE

im in desperate need of a new mixer.

neeeds to be 4 channels. aint too fussed about effects or anything really. just want a good mixer.

so far im thinkin either the pioneer djm600 or allen an heath Xone42 (i think)

wot u rekon people?

also ive seen sum of the allen an heath mixers with 2 mids, ive only used one once and it was in a club so i werent fuckin around but is it worth having 2 mids??

any views from you lot who have these mixers wud be appreciated.

kitchen-aid-artian-mixer.jpg

i swear by my A&H xone62 but its not the cheapest of mixers. saying that, i did get it for 529 instead of 929 because it being an ex display model

well i can afford either (i cant really but im gunna buy it anyway)

i see that the a&h mixer is like almost a grand with 2 mids on it so i aint spendin that much. i was jus wonderin wots the use of having 2 mids?

still not sure wether 2 go 4 the djm600 or the Xone42. the pioneer is a hundred quid cheaper an has effects an shit, but the A&H looks like its a better mixer overall and is more likely to be used in clubs.

choices choices

search for it made, been thousands of threads.. if i was gunna go for a 4 channel mixer though would go for the korg one with kaoss pad!

my mate has this mixer....personally i think the kaos pad is the only good thing about it. the bass/mid/treble knobs are really thin - gets on ur tits to say the least! also his crossfader and channel 4 were fucked after about 6 months!

the mixers with two mids quite simply allows u to eq the mids a lot more accuratly. You can eq the higher mids and lower mids individually. Can be a bit trickey to get used to d think. Id go for the allen & heath though played on it and the djm a few times. I dont have either but my xone 32 is second to none when it comes to quality etc..

xone 42 only has 2 phono inputs s o if you're looking to hook up a 3rd deck it's pretty uselss, unless you're using cdjs. the only advantage it has is that the filters are available on every channel, which i think is a really nice touch.

overall allen and heath mixers are the bollox and piss on pioneers quite frankly. pioneers are ok for all the effects and shit, but you don't have enough control over them imo.

all you'll ever need is the HP VCF and you'll be away.
and for the 4 band eq dealio, you get used to it so quick and it's and it's nice to adjust the tops and bottoms of the mid, can make for some really nice mixes.

go a&h, you won't regret it.

my mate has this mixer....personally i think the kaos pad is the only good thing about it. the bass/mid/treble knobs are really thin - gets on ur tits to say the least! also his crossfader and channel 4 were fucked after about 6 months!

also, this.

the mixer is really flimsy and feels cheap. the only nice thing about it is the kaos pad. but that gets boring after a while and the your mixer is just falling apart.

im looking for a mixer aswell seeming as my gemini is falling apart. one of the bass eq knobs only works as on or off lol.

after gainign experience playing out ive found that allen and heath are the best mixers around in terms of build quality and the sound they give esspecially with those bad boi filters!

unfortunately im still struggling to pay off my iMac and i dount il have more than 300 so i might have to opt for the xone 22 which has the filters but rules out any 3rd deck at all but by the looks of things even if i cud get a xone 42 i wudnt be able to hook up a 3rd anyway. and i cant afford a mixer let alone a new deck lol

what are peoples thouts of the 32?

or is there a way of getting a better allen and heath for under 400 with ebay or woteva?

im looking for a mixer aswell seeming as my gemini is falling apart. one of the bass eq knobs only works as on or off lol.

after gainign experience playing out ive found that allen and heath are the best mixers around in terms of build quality and the sound they give esspecially with those bad boi filters!

unfortunately im still struggling to pay off my iMac and i dount il have more than 300 so i might have to opt for the xone 22 which has the filters but rules out any 3rd deck at all but by the looks of things even if i cud get a xone 42 i wudnt be able to hook up a 3rd anyway. and i cant afford a mixer let alone a new deck lol

what are peoples thouts of the 32?

or is there a way of getting a better allen and heath for under 400 with ebay or woteva?

with the 22 you can only effect one channel at any one time... something you might wana think about (n)

the 32 seems pretty good as a 3 channel mixer. not used one myself, but i'm guessing each channel has it's own sperate effect to it, and it appears that you can use the lfo efect and the vcf filter. so seems like a reasonable buy to me (y)

with the 22 you can only effect one channel at any one time... something you might wana think about (n)

the 32 seems pretty good as a 3 channel mixer. not used one myself, but i'm guessing each channel has it's own sperate effect to it, and it appears that you can use the lfo efect and the vcf filter. so seems like a reasonable buy to me (y)

r u sure u can only effect one channel at a time? on the pics it has filter/effect buttons for both... fair enuff theyre not seperate filters buit u can apply both channels to the filter...
http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR290282

either way thats not reli an issue for me whats more the issue is the number of channels. but i do like the look.

it has buttons for either side which you switch to assign the effect to xfader left or right. and then one central knob to turn on/off the effect :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MekELRMFtRU

edit - i get what you're saying in that you could probably effect both channels at the same time. but you wouldn't be able to use it a lá andy c using it to switch basses of either channel at the same time.

Last edited:
it has buttons for either side which you switch to assign the effect to xfader left or right. and then one central knob to turn on/off the effect :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MekELRMFtRU

edit - i get what you're saying in that you could probably effect both channels at the same time. but you wouldn't be able to use it a lá andy c using it to switch basses of either channel at the same time.

yer u make a good point cum to think but i dont think the 32 does that either looking at it nor the 42.

im not entirely sure as to what a VCF is....

im assuming it has something to do with the crossfader and the filters????

please enlighten me rhys!

Back
Top Bottom