Which mixer should I buy?

Rusket

Mix an blend
VIP Junglist
Need to upgrade mixer, want it to be 4 channel, don't wanna pay above £300. £250 or less would be better.

I'm thinking the djm500 (maybe 600)

or allen and heath xone 62.

What would you advise?

The behringer ddm4000 got a decent writeup a while back. I think thats about the best youre gonna get for 300, unless you look REALLY hard on second hand sites for a few months.

Remember, you get what you pay for, especially with audio gear.

okay. one advice: do not ever, ever and ever get behringer. seriously, just don't.

Hello there.

I have been reading a lot about Ecler Nuo (2.0, 3.0, 4.0) mixers, and they seems to be a good choice. The 'only' problem that seems to have (i repeat, i don't have it, just what i have read about on reviews, personal opinions, etc...), is that send / return function don't work as intendeed, and you need to mess with channel / fx gains...but all the rest seems to be really good.

At the moment, i have an urei 1601 (2 channels mixer, i'm really happy with it, but its getting older and i'm in need of more channels), and have been thinking (and saving lol) a lot about wich mixer should i choose.

On the other hand, i have used an American Audio MX 1400 (no DSP), and i think it's a really good mixer. 4 channels (with individial output meter), 3 phono, 4 line, 2 mic, each input can be assignable to every channel...). I have been searching it in my country but i didn't found any place that they still sell it. It's fairly cheap (200-250 eur), but hard to find, and tbh i don't know how long it's going to long, or if it have bad parts etc...I would like to own one tbh.

MX1400_4.jpg

You can also try Urei 1603 series (Soundcraft), they have 4 channels, they are not very expensive, but they are out of stock (second hand). They are tanks.

1603t.jpg

Regards.

Last edited:
2nd hand xone 62, may have a couple of peculiarities but still worth working them out. Just keep checking ebay, eventually youll get one for really cheap

The behringer ddm4000 got a decent writeup a while back. I think thats about the best youre gonna get for 300, unless you look REALLY hard on second hand sites for a few months.

Remember, you get what you pay for, especially with audio gear.

and with behringer, you get shit...no matter how much you pay.

saying that, my cheapy behringer does the job, but the EQ's are beyond shit.

:-/

I have a Behringer DJX 626. It´s about 7 years old and there is nothing wrong with it. Same with my BCD 3000. My amp is a no name product that got talked down everywhere in the net but works like a charm. Defo going to buy the Behringer CMD Studio 4A, if it finally gets available.

The only things that I experienced breaking in no time where Pioneer (time and time again, oh boy!), Denon and lots of other overpriced bullshit. :smash:

except the ddm4000 is decent, the only decent mixer they have made.

Imo, get a used xone 42 or 62, can find them for a good price, and they are the best mixers around.

Any problem with it (leds, death channels, etc...)? I'm really happy with my urei 1601...thinking about getting the 1603 if i see any bargain.

BTW, many people thinks that urei mixers are pretty ugly lol, i really love that simple and clear workspace.

Any problem with it (leds, death channels, etc...)? I'm really happy with my urei 1601...thinking about getting the 1603 if i see any bargain.

BTW, many people thinks that urei mixers are pretty ugly lol, i really love that simple and clear workspace.

My bad I have an Ecler 4.0 that Urei was my first mixer. Got them mixed up it's Eclers I was thinking of.

Last edited:
not entirely sure whats up with mine, some of the channels can be leaky with their volume fader all the way down, channels 5 and 6 always work fine for me though so not too much of a problem.

saying this i did pick it up for £225 about a year and a half ago...and still accidentally change the filter to low pass every so often :(

okay. one advice: do not ever, ever and ever get behringer. seriously, just don't.

i got the ddm4000 works great had no problems with it
i also had the djx700 before that fell apart and was pretty terrible

not entirely sure whats up with mine, some of the channels can be leaky with their volume fader all the way down, channels 5 and 6 always work fine for me though so not too much of a problem.

saying this i did pick it up for £225 about a year and a half ago...and still accidentally change the filter to low pass every so often :(

saying that this thread inspired me to find out whats up and i think its just old channel faders that need replacing.

Back
Top Bottom