Which mixer should I buy?

Just managed to buy a djm 500 for 140 buy it now on ebay, delivered. I have been watching ebay over the past few days and this is by far the best deal I have seen. The seller has 100% feedback rate. Seems like a very good deal to me.

Yeah i dont think that one was made by pioneer haha. I dont know how I managed to buy mine for that cheap, still a bit skeptical about how I got it so cheap. I think because it was newly listed, no one except me realised how good a deal it was. They are going for around 180 atm.

Only really used DJM 600 (fucking hate it, horrible mixer and I dont like having the main volume as an up fader) and a DJM 800 (which I own and love). Need to have a go on an A&H, heard such good things, just never had the opportunity

Lol that pronomics mixer had me paranoid that I had bought a "djm500" without looking at it carefully.

When I looked back at the ad, it defo said Pioneer, so it's good.

Apparently it should arrive tomorrow, can't wait!

i got my eyes on a second hand Ecler Nuo 4 for a decent price and now im wondering if its an upgrade over my Djm400, its obviously 2 more channels and i dont like the cue-ing for the headphones on the djm and would like to add a cdj at some point. i could sell the djm for the same money id spent on the ecler, so its more or less a swap.

is there anything that speaks against the Nuo 4 ?
cheers and sorry for hijacking your thread :D

Only really used DJM 600 (fucking hate it, horrible mixer and I dont like having the main volume as an up fader) and a DJM 800 (which I own and love). Need to have a go on an A&H, heard such good things, just never had the opportunity

Hey! I like my 600 terps! Don't knock 'em!

The only mixer I would ever consider upgrading to is a Xone 92 from where I am now. Tried all the A&H range over the years and they haven't missed a trick with it in my opinion. The only thing with the lower end A&H mixers I don't like compared to the Pioneers is the up-faders where with the Pioneer you literally push the fader up and the tune is already coming in (which in my opinion promotes smoother blending) but the A&H (the 42 springs to mind) you have to push the fader half way up before the tune is in and there isn't anyway you can change that...all personal preference of course.

i got my eyes on a second hand Ecler Nuo 4 for a decent price and now im wondering if its an upgrade over my Djm400, its obviously 2 more channels and i dont like the cue-ing for the headphones on the djm and would like to add a cdj at some point. i could sell the djm for the same money id spent on the ecler, so its more or less a swap.

is there anything that speaks against the Nuo 4 ?
cheers and sorry for hijacking your thread :D

nuo 4 or 4.0?

i got to play on 4.0 and it's a pretty damn good mixer, doesn't have FX, but who needs them anyway :D
eqs sounded really nice, the knobs feel a bit plasticky and hollow but good they're, faders were smooth etc. no complaints

hey, whats wrong with the djx700? :D

- - - Updated - - -

The 900 is pretty decent in my opinion, pretty cheap too. http://www.hifi-tower.co.uk/Behringer-DJX900-DJ-Mixer-USB-5-Channel-with-24bit-FX_i7523.htm

anyone else got something on eclers ? :D

I bagged myself a NUO 3.0 a few years ago and its still like new despite heavy usage (I do baby my gear though).
Personally I prefer it over Allen & Heath, but each to their own. Sound quality is top notch as is the connectivity and build, I dont know how much more you need really. Having a mixer you know you can depend on is a no brainer.

you can blend channels on the headphones on the xone 62, in fact theres a lot of different options for cueing on it.

HOW DOE? I tried a million things, you really can't blend tracks on the 62.... or mine was broken outta the box?

There are probably more experts in this area than me over here, however I sometimes use Numark N4 Controller which has a build-up mixer serving 4 channels (2 internal build-in Cd decks & 2 external cd/vinyl decks). It costs around less than £400 and I must say it does pretty good job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom