Which mixer should I buy?

people always describe the xone62 as being "weird", how so?

The 62 has a 4 band EQ and it only has split cue, theres no blend for headphone monitoring which is a massive oversight and really quite annoying.
Is it even meant to be a DJ mixer? I think all other models they make have a proper cue blend function.

and with behringer, you get shit...no matter how much you pay.

I agree, but you come in to the market with a low budget and you immediately cut off all other avenues. From what Ive read, the ddm4000 was a much needed step in the right direction for behringer and the amount of functionality it has for such a low price tag is unbeatable. Plus, buying new always gives you that year of warranty, which you'll probably need.

Last edited:
ah that is annoying, but as you say, the way the upfaders have those funny slider things leads me to believe its not really meant to for DJing

The 62 has a 4 band EQ and it only has split cue, theres no blend for headphone monitoring which is a massive oversight and really quite annoying.
Is it even meant to be a DJ mixer? I think all other models they make have a proper cue blend function.

I agree, but you come in to the market with a low budget and you immediately cut off all other avenues. From what Ive read, the ddm4000 was a much needed step in the right direction for behringer and the amount of functionality it has for such a low price tag is unbeatable. Plus, buying new always gives you that year of warranty, which you'll probably need.

Howitzer that isnt strictly true. If you disengage the cue button and press the Aux button below, you can have as many of the channels in your headphones as you like, and adjust the gains of each channel using the aux gains...once you get used to it you have much better control other whats going on in your headphones than mixers with your standard blend between channels. Think you have to press the pre button by the aux gains for each channel aswell

Last edited:
Howitzer that isnt strictly true. If you disengage the cue button and press the Aux button below, you can have as many of the channels in your headphones as you like, and adjust the gains of each channel using the aux gains...once you get used to it you have much better control other whats going on in your headphones than mixers with your standard blend between channels. Think you have to press the pre button by the aux gains for each channel aswell

Ah ok, good to know! thanks!
I play on one of these every month and its always a pain in the tits, i'll give this a go :)

okay. one advice: do not ever, ever and ever get behringer. seriously, just don't.

This.

I don't mix at home anymore because my mixer is fucked. The master comes in and out of the headphones. If I changed anything on the mixer, whether it be EQ or gains or whatever the headphone volume changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah ok, good to know! thanks!
I play on one of these every month and its always a pain in the tits, i'll give this a go :)

I used to use the add mix a lot but I think its better to have just one tune in the headphones and match it with the monitor. Only if the setup is decent though.

ive got a behringer nox303 and its not too bad for the price and I have had it since new year and no problems yet, im gonna upgrade to xone 42 soon though

Last edited:
I am really stuck on making a decision here. I can personally vouch for the sound quality of the xone62 cause my mates got one and I used one at a party on saturday, but on the other hand, I don't like the "fader grips?" (if thats what you call them) any sort of roughness and they just seem to fly off (well that's the case with my mate's one anyway) and also as I think has already been mentioned you can't fade from cue/master (can you even do this on the pioneer models?). Quite essential for me really as this would be the only way I can mix properly late at night through headphones.

The reason I am looking at a djm500/600 is cause they have nice "fader grips", also I think they look nicer, they are very common so I would feel at home using one and I think you can fade the monitoring from your cued track into the master, someone correct me if i'm wrong, about to look at a google images pic of one to double check lol.

And also I swear you can pick up a 500 for like 200-250 quid?

Is the sound really that bad from pioneer? Surely it's not that bad if over half of all clubs have a pioneer setup?

Last edited:
you can blend channels on the headphones on the xone 62, in fact theres a lot of different options for cueing on it. stop being rough with your faders. i got a xone 62 for £225. fader grips?? looks better?? really?

you can blend channels on the headphones on the xone 62, in fact theres a lot of different options for cueing on it. stop being rough with your faders. i got a xone 62 for £225. fader grips?? looks better?? really?

I imagine its a lot easier to pull the fader up and down quickly on pioneer mixers. You can get a proper grip on it. and I didn't know that actually, maybe that's why my mates monitor gain is redlining loads, there's so many different options on it haha.

I guess...
misc-nothing-to-do-here-l.png

I imagine its a lot easier to pull the fader up and down quickly on pioneer mixers. You can get a proper grip on it. and I didn't know that actually, maybe that's why my mates monitor gain is redlining loads, there's so many different options on it haha.

cant imagine its hard to just replace the little plastic upfader thingies with the normal ones

thats over a grand on a mixer though...just cause its on finance doesnt change that

Didnt say it did mate. :)

Day i financed my 92 is a day i havent regretted for a second. Only 2 more payments left if i remember right :D.

And the way i thought of it as, people spend a hell of a lot more than £70 a month (i got serato as well, just the 92 would have been like £40 p/m) on their hobbys, so whats so bad about that?

And at the end of it you have an awesome bit of kit. Problem?

Xone 62 hands down, you can find them on the web second hand from about £250 to £400, try and get one of the models built before they moved their production to the far east. The build quality is far better.

And the way i thought of it as, people spend a hell of a lot more than £70 a month on their hobbys, so whats so bad about that?

And at the end of it you have an awesome bit of kit. Problem?

You know its really not a bad idea, it isnt like taking finance out on a new car where you have to deal with depreciation like a rock in a pond.
Good quality audio gear retains its value for years, sometimes it even increases.

So I guess as long as you're stable, you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom