which hardware or software is good to make some powerful pads??

RR Jack

So i am tryong to ass osme pads, phatt pads on a tune, and i dont know where to go to look for good pads presets ...
anybody has some ideas???
=))

Absynth is well known for making good pads, and there's a couple of okish free synths that could be good starting points, Sun-Ra and Crystal, I usually use samples though.

Edit: also the fx chain you use is very important, and if you want extra stereo width use 2 copies of the same pad with slightly different settings, 1 panned hard left, 1 hard right. You want lots of chorus, phasers, reverb, flangers etc.

Last edited:
yeah, gotta have absynth,
fm7 is pretty good too.
d-coda istnt too bad.
and Ive found that a couple of malstrom's layered together and tweaked with lots of lfo works good.
slow attack, long release.
add an envalope filter with a matrix attached(ramdomize pattern, and bring the frequency down)
and you will have some amazing movement.:drums:

All about Atmosphere. There is NOT a better VSTi for pads 'n ambient synths. Absynth is pretty good too. I recommend checkin some Reaktor ensambles as well. If you're lookin for some good dark pads 'n string sample cds, check into BT's Twisted Textures, and Big Fish Audio POD 1 & 2.

(y)

I've been using the Novation V-Station layered with filters and delays and such. I've found that when it comes to making pads, for myself, creating them from scratch is key... though there are tons of good presets and samples out there.

Granular synthesis, of course, is an excellent way to go to get the more spaced out unexpected sound, but I'm still having a hard time with Absynth... maybe i'm just slow.

Back
Top Bottom