Which dnb classic deserves a 2015 remix?

A classic doesn´t "deserve" a makeover.

Somebody probably does it and then it turns out to be good or mediocre.

lol i knew this comment would come

still, some classics are really good but can use a makeover (soundwise, mastering) to sound better in the mix nowadays

Oh, I agree with that.

And there are also a lot of tunes that I would love to have as a mp3.

But I have never listened to a classic tune thinking it must be refixed or updated. Now being a producer, the approach of course is slightly different.

In the end, if somebody does it, fine..or not :teeth:

there's also the Alix Perez remix of Future Cut - Whiplash which I would love to have. Also seen a few videos from Exit nights with a Metropolis remix being played - maybe another Perez remix as he's the one playing it I think

A classic doesn´t "deserve" a makeover.

Somebody probably does it and then it turns out to be good or mediocre.
Im sure I heard a heist remix of Dr s gachet - remember the roller recently which was pretty tidy. But in general I agree.

There have been some abominable efforts too

This one springs to mind...

Absolute face palm at that drop. just before it comes they slip in about 2 bars from the original. Apart from that this has nothing to do with bad ass

Last edited by a moderator:
DeeGun said it how it is.

Drum & Bass is proper wack at the minute. I don't want to hear anymore bangers murdered thanks.

"2015" No more remixes please. Leave them alone okthanksbye

Saw Toddla T play in Leeds earlier this year and he dropped what sounded like a rework of Incredible by M-Beat and General Levy, sounds pretty well made and I'd love to hear it again.

^ bucking the trend for hating on modern remixes I always thought a Calibre remix of that would be proper...

^ bucking the trend for hating on modern remixes I always thought a Calibre remix of that would be proper...

That's exactly who I'd pick as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't think of many remixes that actually worked. Papa New Guinea? Remember the remixes of Lords of the Null Lines? God, those were bad.

DLR has done a Champion Sound VIP according to his FB page.

I love updated tunes if they are done well; with a nod to the original and a new spin/take by an artist. The Phantom Force remix is a good example of that

Back
Top Bottom