which audio interfance do you have and do you rate it?

fastfret

alright people I have a digidesign m box 1, which is good don't get me wrong I mean it's reliable but it does carry a latency problem that Ableton can't seem to sort out. Logic has no problem getting round it, but it still does present problems.

What interface do you have and would you recommend it?

I use an M-Audio Audiophile 2496...

Nothing amazing and can be quite limited on the in's and out's it has...

but it was cheap as, and the latency I get with Cubase is perfect.

alright people I have a digidesign m box 1, which is good don't get me wrong I mean it's reliable but it does carry a latency problem that Ableton can't seem to sort out. Logic has no problem getting round it, but it still does present problems.

What interface do you have and would you recommend it?

have you tried adjusting the latency in lives prefrences?

mine is set to..

input buffer size - 8190

output buffer size - 4080

not sure if that will help

Any emu heads here? I've the emu 1212m, double slot pci card. Not many ins n outs, just the basic. It's got some shit DSP effects on it too. ADAT lightpipe could come handy too and in this price range is all good.

RME FireFace400

fooking love it!

I've been through Emu and MOTU and all the rest and nothing quite compares to the RME!

I have literally had NO Audio problems since i have had the card!

NONE!

10/10

I've got an Echo Mia.

Cost me £115 7 years ago and there are much better soundcards out now but it does the job. Latency is about 13ms in Cubase/Reason. Only 2 ins/outs but that not a problem as I have it hooked up to a mixing desk.

i have an 'Art' Usb external interface card, has optical in / outs, line, phono, a ground. its a cool little tool. very well made and the gain knob is quality. doesnt have mic inputs but idont need em as i got a fostex multitrack mixer for that kinda shizzzlings. £69 - Bargain.

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR164907

have you tried adjusting the latency in lives prefrences?

mine is set to..

input buffer size - 8190

output buffer size - 4080

not sure if that will help

Thanks yeah I tried adjusting the latency but it doesn't have an adjustable input and output buffer size, just 'driver error compensation' which doesn't do much. Il have to look further into it because live should be able to sort it out really. What version do you have? I'm working with 7, bought it recently.

I've heard a lot of people say the m audio ones are un-reliable.

Thanks yeah I tried adjusting the latency but it doesn't have an adjustable input and output buffer size, just 'driver error compensation' which doesn't do much. Il have to look further into it because live should be able to sort it out really. What version do you have? I'm working with 7, bought it recently.

i work on live 7 aswell.. try posting your problem in live's forum.. someone should be able to help u!

http://www.ableton.com/pages/forum

i have a novation nio 2/4.. does the job!

Back
Top Bottom