wheres the scene going?

This music has been around for almost 2 decades. At the time of transition from jungle to dnb - gigs were reportedly a lot more dangerous (knives, guns, drugs, gangsters). Read the Fabio interview referenced in the wiki article in my sig.

This music has been around for almost 2 decades. At the time of transition from jungle to dnb - gigs were reportedly a lot more dangerous (knives, guns, drugs, gangsters). Read the Fabio interview referenced in the wiki article in my sig.

Yes!!
I laugh hard when people say that raves are moody today.. I was around in 1995... Was 10x worse back then.
If people are fed up of attitude then they need to stop going to big raves and start supporting the smaller nights.

so, i was thinking earlier and it came to me that i actually avoid nights when i see dj's like hype n hazard, not cause i particualrly dislike thier selection, but i know the kind of wankers those nights seem to attract.
does anyone else do this?
is the scene getting worse or has it always been like this? wheres the scene going?
opinions please :)

totally agree,.,,,,

it hasnt always been like this but yeah last time i went to those nights i was like./. 'shit! is this waht has happened???'

Smaller nights are way better ..those big raves have always been full of twats.

but....

Its due another big change. But i cant see where it can go. Ive been into it long enough that i find it rare that anything new comes around. just big producers..its a bit boring right now.

went to a night on sunday... room 1 dnb.. it was dead! Room 2 N Type.. it was jumping... go figure! :) I just feel sooooo bored of it all right now. Perhaps its over-exposure. I need something amazing to hear....

Its just all so formulaic right now... no one's even fucking around with structure bar Amit and Telemetrik no one has really done anything id call new for a while prob since Lynx put out disco dodo... there are good producers and shit producers but the scene needs some proper artists!!! I really hope Telemetrik gets the credit he deserves and allows people the room to be creative. im just sick of hearing the same sounds, smae structures and same beats.

There are some wicked tunes coming but we need something fresh

Last edited:
Basicly whats goign to happen will be exactly what happened a few years ago.

Jump-Up = a type of dnb that seems to be "cool" for scumbags to listen to. So therefore scumbags end up going to raves because they like the big "thugged" out basslines that Jump-Up has.

This is what happened ages ago when people liek Mickey Finn stoped producing for a while because the scen became far too rude. The scene then turned really dark, people like Tech Itch started to make a killing because its not "cool" to listen to this style of dnb becuase of its influences that come from rock etc....

So Drum'n'Bass fans will eventually start going to "dark" raves or "Neuro" raves to get away from the scumbags.... which in turn will put the Jump-Up promoters out of pocket so then they will start promoting Dark/Neuro nights...... people will then start saying dnb is dead.... because all of a sudden dnb doesnt have the "cool" jump-up scene anymore...... then a few years later....... a new better wave of Jump-Up will emerge...... and the cycle will begin again.

D&B isnt really that bad for a violence, anyone been to a grime rave, its no coincidence it rhymes with "crime wave" ha ha :D

Went to see Wiley the other day and the rave got stopped half hour before he was menna step up because a bouncer got merkled outside - IN BRIGHTON!!

As far as nights go.. its true that the label nights attract a better crowd of people who are into the music more. A lot (not all) of people at to the big nights arent really into dnb musically but just want a good night out and somewhere to get mahsup which is cool, but obviously this is more likely to attract wankers. Those nights tend to be quite young as far as the punters age and this is refelected in the music they play.

MC style nights will always attract wankers ..thats a no brainer. Not cos all Mcs are wankers but its an attitude thing.

well i wanted a healthy discussion and thats what i got.
as for no trouble at hospitality....my bloke got started on last time we went, a circle of blokes surrounded him and then tried to rob him. he scwermed away fortunatly.

It dont matter where you go, what sort of night you go to, theres gonna be wankers...
It doesn't mean the scene is changing, nor do I think that it will cause an impact to the scene. Im not sure... I see a couple of fights here and there at these big events and I aint been involved in one, but im sure its exactly the same if you went elsewhere.

no one's even fucking around with structure bar Amit and Telemetrik

that's not strictly true, there are quite a few producers strecthing perceptions, martsman, fracture and neptune and even big bad limewax and some of those other really heavy boys. the stuffs out there but if it don't get signed to one of the big labels, it don't really get promoted.

Yes!!
I laugh hard when people say that raves are moody today.. I was around in 1995... Was 10x worse back then.
If people are fed up of attitude then they need to stop going to big raves and start supporting the smaller nights.

yeh mate hit the nail on the head!!!

Its only the big raves that get the shit heads!

so, i was thinking earlier and it came to me that i actually avoid nights when i see dj's like hype n hazard, not cause i particualrly dislike thier selection, but i know the kind of wankers those nights seem to attract.
does anyone else do this?
is the scene getting worse or has it always been like this? wheres the scene going?
opinions please :)

I find it easier to just ignore them or else there gonna end up ruining ur night. as long as u stay away from the areas where its most likely to kick off you should be sweet. stupid to avoid a night just because of a particular DJ. i went to playaz on friday and Hype Hazard and G dub were there and barely n e beef apart from the end when it was kicking out time.

Back
Top Bottom