wheres the scene going?

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by souljah, May 26, 2008.

1. souljah

souljah liquid lover...

so, i was thinking earlier and it came to me that i actually avoid nights when i see dj's like hype n hazard, not cause i particualrly dislike thier selection, but i know the kind of wankers those nights seem to attract.
    does anyone else do this?
    is the scene getting worse or has it always been like this? wheres the scene going?
    opinions please :)

2. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

i believe that too many tunes have the same structure e.g;
    die and clipz - number 1
    many taxman tunes

i think they lack creativity we need a new goldie tune to remind producers to fix up

3. boobjunkie

boobjunkie Active Member

the wankers do rather ruin it for everyone else, starting beef for no reason and constantly trying to steal our mobile phones an wallets. I found the best solution is to befriend a massive, hench (but friendly) jamaican geezer and take him to raves with you, fools don't try shit then :cool:

4. Dj Jammin

Dj Jammin Member

5. sammys

sammys Shelter Birmingham

i do enjoy hazard & hype at a rave even tho they can get repetative, its just the wankers they attract do make me consider if its worth it
    to be honest these days i just avoid events south of the river (london) and even the playaz nights are gettin a bit jammy
    im not a great fan of all the new-era wobble stuff but there are still alot of talented produces out there e.g. alix perez

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  6. toreman

toreman toreman

i don't believe that it's wholly the djs and their track selection that attracts the pricks who come and start fights and rob people i think it's mainly the mcs.

i dont tend to avoid those kinda nights but when im going breakin science/one nation something like that and theres about 30 MCs on the flier i know for sure its gonna be full of the cunts.

although i do agree with you about the type of dnb n tune selection like with Shabbas bday, when gdub and hype and hazard were playing and all those mcs something was always going to kick off there.

u don't see these wankers coming to nights like hospitality etc do u?

7. BoudiCat

BoudiCat SERIAY.

Forward.

As for avoiding nights, I don't actually avoid any sort of night, I go to a range of different nights & sometimes there's trouble & sometimes there's not. Being female I don't tend to get people trying to fight me, more like people trying it on & being weird sicko's.
    When I went to Ram at the End there were alot of sicko's but when I went to Shogun at the End there was hardly any sicko's there. Same venue but different crowd.
    Hospitality nights are always nice & friendly. All the times I've been to Fabric it's been nice but that wasn't for Playaz.
    At Gatecrasher yesterday I was in the Zane Lowe tent & it was so chilled out then I went into the Metropollis & there was alot of attitude.
    Slammin' Vinyl, One Nation & Random Concept raves I find mostly have the sicker, pushier & more fucked people. But that's just my experience's.

8. theone

theone Just say no to dubstep!

I think if you miss out on events like one nation & Breakin Sciences its no big deal because they are full of agro pricks who arent real junglists, just chavs looking for an excuse to rob and act like cunts.

9. cashd666

cashd666 New Member

agreed that jump up dj's attract more idiots out for a fight but if i see hazard on a line up im not gonna think "shit, some badmens might be there, i think ill stay at home" Theres gonna be dickheads wherever you go, its a fact that you gotta deal with. If you like the lineup, just go out and have a good night. All the times ive been out ive never got any trouble. Granted, i have seen small fights but thats usually between drunk twats that cant even throw a punch. I dont think the scene is getting worse though.

Its not just the djs that attract the idiots and chavs its the mcs that have a following as well. bassman, eksman for example

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  10. Nutek

Nutek movement junglist

11. sam the dnb man

:word:

12. MARLZTAH

MARLZTAH ++DuB PrOFesSoR++

well i been raving since '99 and its always been like that for me... i dont think its the dj's that attract the arseholes, its more likely the mc's... in fact ive seen a fair amount of trouble caused by mc's and their pals, walking round barging everyone and shit like that

i think the worst rave for attitude ive ever been was heat vs fever @ astoria in like 2000/2001... the place stunk of crack, and i mean STUNK... ive been to some cracked out raves but it was crazy that night, i think i got lean of the fumes tbh lol. i see sooooo many people get robbed that night, got grabbed myself but i was always good at wiggling my way outta them sort of situations.

im not too sure what raves are like now cos i aint been raving for quite a while but the two worst offenders a few years back imo were one nation and fever

13. DJNoize

DJNoize Your Mom Rates Me

scene is strong...

14. sam the dnb man

especially with new talent breaking through such as yourself

15. Hightech

Hightech Member

if u eva wanna get away frm all that bolloks u got

up ther at raves

come down under everyone is WAY to nice everyone

one of the main reasons i got into the scean

absolutly nothing like that here eva..

proud to live here:)

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  16. bloodfire

bloodfire Member

iv been going to raves since 94 and there has always been an element of bad attitued at the big events like slamin and one nation . its not changed at all or got any worse over time . i tend to aviod that sort of thing by sticking to label night s like hardware ,metal heads, hospital . that sort of thing. i dont know why these nights seem to atract a nicer croud for some reason .

17. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

its slowly bumbling forward as it has been over the last few years but i dont agree with the way radio1/mtv are pushing it, more in tune with the way dnbtv is going

as for twats at big nights its always gonna happen, i tend to avoid nights with pendulum & TC in the line up so as to evade the new scourge of the dancehalls, tourist ravers :slayer:

18. [Politrix]

[Politrix] Peace & fucking, believe!

I really dont find the mainstream dnb nights much of a problem, go with a group of friends and stick together, we always bump into some sort of trouble but it gets dealt with straight away. myself and mates have been punched/pushed about for nudging blokes missus or accidentally spilling sum1's glass of water etc, it happens - you either get a sound reaction or you get sum twat with his fist in your face, from my experience its a lot worse at hardcore/hardstyle raves, or hip-hop events, dnb has it easy i think.

just my two pennies

19. KingFish

KingFish Member

theres a new goldie album comin up, heard it on the radio yesterday

20. BDS

BDS Active Member

Whats it sound like haha