WHERE'S THE PARTY AT????

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
OK this is a very common theme of discussion between me and a few of my contemporaraies of late!
We all are around 25 ish and have been going to various raves, and events for a good few years now.

A lot of them are a lot less enthusiastic about going to raves than they used to be. We still might venture out to Fabric or go to a hip hop event or go to whatever local dnb nights are gwanin but on the whole cant be arsed to travel to London for DnB specific evenets...

the reason....?

Becasue it just dont feel like a party no more!

I still buy tunes and still have a fair idea of what is going on in the scene, fair eneough i might not bt 100% up to scracth on the latest obscure darkside label about to relaese a remix or whatever.... but i do read Knowledge and I keep up to scracth with my fave labels like V, Full Cuycle, Headz etc etc.
However my contemporaries (not necersarily myself) argue that DnB is on the whole dissapearing up its own bottom faster than u can blink.

Now this might seem strange given its huge popularity of late but there is an undeniable feeling that it is an insiders game and that the only over 22 year olds u get at raves are trainspotters (ie. did u just here that remix of balh blah blah last night etc). or are either DJ's or promoters. Now again this is not generally my personal opinion but i cant deny there is certainly something innit.

My problem now is that unless its Fabric (cos of the super bangin hip hop/beakz rooms), The Valve (cods of its boomin bass!), Homelands (cos its bloody great!) or a local event (cos theyre local innit!) them boys n gals dem just cannae be arsed to reach!

so my point is this...has dnb lost the party??? is it too much bout da music or has it just lost its funk???
If so what can we do to bring it back????

I know there are some wikkid moments in the dnb calendar like Movement at Homelands, Fabris monthly, etc etc where the aprty does get going but on the whole had it lost its way a little?? i'm not too sure!

Last edited:
hmmm, gd points, im gonna repost this on NWDNB(NW forum) and find out wot they all think, ill get bk to ya!!

bigup for joinin WTS aswell!!

kinda

Maybe you're just old?

My dad doesn't go to many festivals anymore either. It's not because they're crap, it's because he's old. I reckon D&B's going through abit of a golden period at the mo. But it is full on, hectic music. The nights are often heavily geared towards a type of hedonism that most people tend to grow out of.

Don't worry about it. Just enjoy jonathon ross on your friday nights in, and think about how much nicer it is than when you felt the pressure to spend all night sweating your arse off in some smelly club.

ihurtchildren said:
Don't worry about it. Just enjoy jonathon ross on your friday nights in, and think about how much nicer it is than when you felt the pressure to spend all night sweating your arse off in some smelly club.

haha! we'll do! haha! u chekky munky! :pat:

nah lokk, i ll have to agree with north crew, dnb is bloody popular.

If 300 people are willing to ditch a club with big name dj, come down to a bloody cold and dark warehouse, for a night of dnb, which they do almost every wk/end, thats commitment dude.

And agreed about beeing less exciting goin to raves for someone whos be doin it for a good few years. Its just not the same. Part of this is that we know so much more about dnb and music in general, compared to when we started goin out.
Back then i had no fuckin idea what a Tech Itch is, or how one could produce a nasty bass sound. Neither was i analyzing every tune, nor checkin how two tunes where mixed. I just heard bass and drums, and danced my arse off.
Didnt care if that tune was made by hive originally, and this noisia rmx is pants compared to the original, and all that bad blood hive got between him and Trouble On Vinyl before releasing the same tune bla bla lab...
That tune is phat, im dancin. ya know , steppin to the great unknown...
But now, all of the above apply, and not because i enjoy trainspottin, it just happens subconsciously. Anyone mixing for few years, is bound to critisise silently the dj he's hearing, and the same goes for producers and tunes.
I say just enjoy it as it is. I still go out often, and its less than id like to.
Some peeps get tired or bored easier than others..maybe its a case of you stopping to be interested in teh jungle. maybe its time to reconsider your dedication to dnb, and your liking to hardhouse and pills.........
:teeth:<<<_______________________________________

:mr_cool:

21 year olds party harder than 25 year olds who party harder than 30 year olds who...

Dnb isn't getting crap, you're just getting older and you prefer to smoke a reefer and watch Commando on DVD rather than jumping up and down and up and down and necking a pill and looking for sex alongside a hundred other ravers, most of them years younger than you. Done that, been there.

But in another 10 years you'll still be listening to dnb on your sofa even if you're not going to an Andy C rave (I bet he'll still be at it, along with the other grandmasters of dnb).

And you'll go to the Aphrodite Mickey Finn revival world tour in 2045. Just like your parents went to see the Stones. :)

As for getting less of a buzz out of music the more you know about it... hmm... might be true for some people, me I just love watching a good dj playing the crowd and pumping the beats. I know how hard it is. And I love dancing my ass on the floor off instead of standing behind the decks and worrying about the cue levels and subwoofer distortion.

On the other hand, craps djs get no respect from me nowadays.

I'm closing on 30... I've told myself I'll get the non-dnb raving out of my system this year. But I'll be a junglist granddad...

Dustek said:
And you'll go to the Aphrodite Mickey Finn revival world tour in 2045. Just like your parents went to see the Stones. :)

im there! haha!

i still get a huuuuge buz out of the music, i juts feel that there are too many people into the music and not the party itself!...i dunno!

ill still be attending Movemnet raves when im 60
!!!

Back
Top Bottom