wheres the best place IMO to buy 2nd hand records?

Where do you buy your 2nd hand Records you want ?

• 2nd hand record shops

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • online record shops

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • auction sites

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • go to record fairs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • use ads in local newspapers / gumtree etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • swop / sell with guys n girls online via forums

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • ALL OF THE ABOVE

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

BeyondTherapy

VIP Junglist
wheres the best place IMO to buy 2nd hand records?

As a record collector since the age of 12 .. eek and seen a few music types come and go and brought hmm a room full (like most) ..i curious to know what the people of todays record junky society ,go to get their wants ...

Thanks in advance if you read and answer ...

Panty Inspector

i've used ebay a lot and buy in bulk. Dont always know what you will get, but you find some goodens!

Think I bought 100 house records for about £70 which is pretty good! this was a couple of years back now. A lot of them were still in their plastics and the others may have had one or 2 plays. Good luck!

Video music exchange in london is fairly on point with second hand plastic. There's a few of them dotted around different places (soho, notting hill, camden) so is nice to go for a browse every once in a while.

And then theres the obvious, discogs. Use that if there is a specific tune.

Always thought about getting one of the job lots of vinyl, never really got round to it/ had the balls though.

Video music exchange in london is fairly on point with second hand plastic. There's a few of them dotted around different places (soho, notting hill, camden) so is nice to go for a browse every once in a while.

And then theres the obvious, discogs. Use that if there is a specific tune.

Always thought about getting one of the job lots of vinyl, never really got round to it/ had the balls though.

yeah DISCOGS ive seen n heard loads about this ,.. is selling on there cheapier than ebay ... or ebay online the best traffic chance ..

as for 2nd record stores ... notting hill record exchange verses hard 2 find and i have to say hard to find gives a better deal IMO

thanks for the responce

ye discogs is the way, you can get pretty much any tune from there. just make a wantlist and then it tells you who has lots of the tunes you're after which means you can grab a load of them in one go.

yeah DISCOGS ive seen n heard loads about this ,.. is selling on there cheapier than ebay ... or ebay online the best traffic chance ..

as for 2nd record stores ... notting hill record exchange verses hard 2 find and i have to say hard to find gives a better deal IMO
thanks for the responce

Hard to find in bham? Its bloody extortionate. £100 for Alien Girl? £60+ for records that you can still pick up from other record shops.

Anyway to answer your original question I'm more of a fan of second hand shops simply because you can see what your buying. On discogs theres alot of cases where someone has bought a second hand vinyl that is supposed to be Mint or Near Mint and when they receive it its no where near mint condition. Also you have the risk of trusting the postman with your £50 record.

Vinyl exchange is probably the best place to buy second hand vinyl, I've bought alot of classics I've wanted for half the price HTFR has them listed for.

yes other than the odd trouble from discogs
e.g buying sabre & Ulterior motive - barefoot and instead being shipped sabre - one man jettison, i always use discogs to find those nice oldies no longer in rotation (y)
then thers the obvious local record shop aswell, enter records bournemouth

Yeah man i went shopping in london a lil while ago, mainly just hit those vinyl exchange places in soho and camden, lots of bargains to be picked up for 2-3 quid a pop, also you can buy one record from ep's so you dont have to end up with one piece of vinyl that is toss and is never getting played. But it's always a gamble because you never know whats going to be in.

ive been to some record fairs in chelmsford before.
minimal amouts of dnb there but ive managed to pick up some gems!

Disogs all the way. But it is nice to dig through a laod of second hand vinyl in a store. Still, for those gems, discogs is often the place to find a quality price.

if there is a charity shop near you that stocks records it is worth a look. I often head over to my local oxfam to have a look through the records, you can get some bargains!

Back
Top Bottom