WHERE WILL WE GO FROM HERE ?

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
strastvuitje! had a bit of a bad week .. this is what I came up with to cheer me up again.
sometimes the more we achieve (materialistically) the more pointless it (life) seems. :|
it seems paradox. so, where will we go from here?

trying to do a bit of a rockwell here who likes to change styles/rhythms/beats within a track quite often and abruptly. a few Qs:
1) too much bass? how does it sound on your system in the lower freq. range?
2) mixing in general? anything sticking out too much?
3) too many male vocal chops? wanted to beef it up a bit, overdone?

thanks for listening and your feedback!

WHERE WILL WE GO FROM HERE

Last edited:
Privet!
The question is: when it gets too creative to sound shitty.
P.S. - Spectrum changed my life :p

cheers ironix. thanks for getting back on soundcloud earlier today ...

so, you are trying to says this one sounds shitty to you ?? :eek:
and, what is Spectrum?

since you are based in riga .. hope the "strastvuitje" didn't offend you. just a saying ...

Russian word "strastvuitje" means "hello" in english, so everything is ok.

I very often try to ask that question to myself. No, your track is lit.
I really like the idea behind your tune.

1. I have 8" ESI monitors - can't hear proper lows. Cranked up My DT 990 headphones - still can't hear some mad a** sub bass or its just me because i like gut shaking low end. Ha ha
2. There is one percussion type of sound which you can hear around at 00:58 and rapidly repeating in the whole tune. This sound made illusion that other elements are quieter.
3. Im ok with the chops - they sounded right in the place 4 me.

I very often use spectrum (VST on the master bus) to A/B my tunes with the tunes I like or the one which sound similar. Because sometimes (very very often :D) I can't judge my music properly because Im so used to the sounds.

Russian word "strastvuitje" means "hello" in english, so everything is ok.

I very often try to ask that question to myself. No, your track is lit.
I really like the idea behind your tune.

1. I have 8" ESI monitors - can't hear proper lows. Cranked up My DT 990 headphones - still can't hear some mad a** sub bass or its just me because i like gut shaking low end. Ha ha
2. There is one percussion type of sound which you can hear around at 00:58 and rapidly repeating in the whole tune. This sound made illusion that other elements are quieter.
3. Im ok with the chops - they sounded right in the place 4 me.

I very often use spectrum (VST on the master bus) to A/B my tunes with the tunes I like or the one which sound similar. Because sometimes (very very often :D) I can't judge my music properly because Im so used to the sounds.

thanks man, I know what the word means but thought some Latvian people have a bit hard feelings about their big neighbour, that's why my comment.
i appreciate your in-depth feedback. so, I should check the track with a spectrum analyser? i think you are right, it doesn't sound yet good enough ..

the cymbals are on top of everything .. are you saying they too much in front of all drums/percussion and everything else?

We are ok with Russia and Russians ;)
For me only st*pid people can't live in peace and harmony.

No, Im not talking about cymbals. There is one percussion or click (maybe its from the mid - bass don't know). Try to listen with headphones. That sound plays only when drums are playing so Im supposed to think it comes from drums.

No, Im not talking about cymbals. There is one percussion or click (maybe its from the mid - bass don't know). Try to listen with headphones. That sound plays only when drums are playing so Im supposed to think it comes from drums.

I fully second your comments on peace & harmony ... and you are doing well living without hard feelings about your neighbours.
I think you mean that "plop" sound that comes from one of the plucked basses (once per bar) .. I'll look into that, cheers !

@ironixx: sir, is it gone now?

WHERE WILL WE GO FROM HERE

Last edited:
No, it seems still there. And it repeats every 1 or 2 bars. It sits around 300hz - 800Hz. Sounds like some sort of perc or bass. It could be something reversed or with slower attack but that sound is pretty quick though.

No, it seems still there. And it repeats every 1 or 2 bars. It sits around 300hz - 800Hz. Sounds like some sort of perc or bass. It could be something reversed or with slower attack but that sound is pretty quick though.

sorry, no idea then what you mean :-/

really like the idea,

love the build ups and the drums etc,

For me the mid bass sounds a bit too happy if that makes sense, i think with the same buildup and then drop into the drums with a sub and a slightly darker bass would sound sick.

it's very creative, i think some of the kick build ups are also a bit long but i generally dont like kick build ups anyway :D

Hope this is of some help

Back
Top Bottom