Where to??please help

Eternaloptimist

VIP Junglist
Hey
I have a problem and i hope you guys can help me
So i can make decent drums but i have a problem when it comes to melodies
I have come up with some sick basses but i dont know how draw them into the piano roll.
I have done a bit if music theory
I know about major n minor scales ,intervals , chords and all
I just dont know how to bring this knowledge into making tunes.
So with chord progression ,how many do i do in like 4 bars?
How many bass notes in the same period?
I have been a dnb dj for about 5 years now
I work on logic
Thanks

Press capslock in logic to bring up the mini keyboard. The keys you press will play a note. then press record and hit some notes. this will then create a midi event. double click on the green midi block and you will be able to edit the notes. As for how many chords in a bar - that is up to you.

Yeah dude you're basically asking us to write a tune for ya!

If you understand music theory, chords, progressions etc. And you been DJing drum and bass for 5 years.......surely you have more than enough knowledge to put it all together yourself?

If you know a bit about music theory then you're already one up on most amateur producers!

Have you actually composed melodies yet?
If so, invest in a synth with midi capabilities, makes life a whole lot easier.

With chord progression, experiment.. have a drum loop running on your computer whilst you play some chords, you might come up with something special. :)

if you work on logic check out the scale mapper.basically you its an environment that work in.you just choose the scale you want your tune in and from there it corrects all the notes that you might play that are not in the scale.
its all about having fun really
google logic scale mapper
as to chord progression just hum to what to what you wanna make
i aint no pro but hope it helps
ez

Back
Top Bottom