Where to get photo's and promotion stuff

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist
Thinking of getting my myspace redone. Also wanted some nice proffesional pictures done. Thought this would be good idea to help promote myself seeing as I got through to the RC finals. I also wanted to get a logo done. I know all this stuff doesn't come for free, but I don't really know where to start. Any ideas?

*SweetPea*

LADY VINYL
VIP Junglist
Re: Where to get photoes and promotion stuff

I'll take a picture of you. My camera's a bit broken, so it won't zoom very well, but i can just stand really close to your face.
I'll have a sheet up behind you and put the contrast up high, and all of this for the bargain price of 27 euros. What more could you want from a photoe?

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist

I'll take a picture of you. My camera's a bit broken, so it won't zoom very well, but i can just stand really close to your face.
I'll have a sheet up behind you and put the contrast up high, and all of this for the bargain price of 27 euros. What more could you want from a photoe?
hahah ... yea... sounds like pure photoe quality does that !!!

$marty

Dexcell
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist

Hit up Chloe. She'll do you a cracking myspace. Gnarly Ink ftw imo bbq

JamesZero

aka Zero Beats
VIP Junglist

Chloe on here done my myspace, I was really pleased with it and it was a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist

no e on the end of photo... and obviously chloe is ya girl mate! she has made some sick myspaces.

but 'professional photos' always look really wank if ya ask me, most dnb dj's posing for promo pics are just too cringeworthy! as a graphic designer myself, i would suggest more of a 'branding' approach to it... ie logo (as you mentioned) but tied in with graphics all based on one concurent themer.

just my fifty pence ;)

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist

Hit up Chloe. She'll do you a cracking myspace. Gnarly Ink ftw imo bbq
Chloe on here done my myspace, I was really pleased with it and it was a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.
Yeah spoke to her months ago.. Was initially about a logo.. Havn't heard back recently, I just messaged her again though :D

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist

no e on the end of photo... and obviously chloe is ya girl mate! she has made some sick myspaces.

but 'professional photos' always look really wank if ya ask me, most dnb dj's posing for promo pics are just too cringeworthy! as a graphic designer myself, i would suggest more of a 'branding' approach to it... ie logo (as you mentioned) but tied in with graphics all based on one concurent themer.

just my fifty pence ;)
mmm, would still be nice to get a couple pics done though... Gonna be tieing the branding in with the health and safety influences of my name, so hopefully should have a nice resource of cool symbols to use.

@ James Zero.... I see the work on your myspace that's sweet. Would be happy with something like that.

D Double U

FQ Sessions
VIP Junglist

All about finding a really decent amature photgrapher tbh (has to be properly good tho). Editing may have to be done by someone in the knowhow.

If you have an agent/agency they can, and probably will sort out a shoot, mine did but i wasnt allowed copys for personal use which was a condition i stupidly agreed to...but ask because the results might be better / less hassle

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist

mmm, would still be nice to get a couple pics done though... Gonna be tieing the branding in with the health and safety influences of my name, so hopefully should have a nice resource of cool symbols to use.

@ James Zero.... I see the work on your myspace that's sweet. Would be happy with something like that.
check out dexcell's myspace too... cos there is some picture of them as a header but it's layered under gnarly textures so it doesn't look like pure stilton!

TongueFlap

Flappin'
VIP Junglist

tbh.. is there any point with a myspaz these days? sound cloud and a FB page is where its at for gettin your name about.

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
Myspace is just good for show as it's a proven point that when most people hear your name for the first time they will go www.myspace.com/WATEVER_YA etc, it's their first line of attack.
So it's worth having one just for pressense on the net.
But then from there I'd link up every other avenue you have going and hopefully people will decide to have a little lookie at what's on offer.
Obviously Soundcloud is the bomb, but doesn't support multiple photo etc etc

Think Chloe is hella busy at the moment doing a lot of designing, but she's defiantly the first place I'd go if I was considering getting a myspace/whatever/photo make over. Send her a message or email or something init.

Standard.

Fes Rock

Nothing..........
VIP Junglist
1. Photos = Photographer

2. Bio = Writer (had my boy an English teacher write mine

3. Myspace = *Chloe (shes done some big names myspace.)

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist
Think I got everything sorted know :D ....

Still would like info on any good photographers. Although my brother has a SLR camera so I may end up just using that lol.