Where it all started...

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
And because he likes Dj Assault...

Seriously though, he does know his stuff and he slags off Tiesto and Digweed as much as he does Gavin Parker.

"Jungle is the sole aggressor of genres" is a piece of respect towards jungle - its the newest genre and a very fast evolving one (house is dead, trance is heading towards dnb or techno, techno never changes...) with an aggressive beat.

mesh

VIP Junglist
I'd say grime qualifies as a newer genre, its also evolving faster than dNb has for years. just imo.

He separates drum'n'bass from jungle, saying drum'n'bass "wasn't as interesting, motivated or 'real' as the original sound (jungle), capitalising mostly on cheap gimmicks ..."

He might have a clue about other styles, but I don't think anyone who believes jump-up is intrinsically shit and always has been has real understanding of jungle/dNb culture.

Also has a field for TranceStep, which is going to "show us the way" apparently.

Read what he says about techstep - its just a tirade against jungle fashion.

I could go on, seriously.

Maybe his thoughts on other genres are more informed. Maybe I should read them, but I won't.

ah well ...

:monkey:

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
whta aload of all shite...crao website..and the man talks ass. it looks like its been designed by some kid for a gcse project.

haha.. oh well.