Where is this sound from / how to make it

teenious

How do all jungle producers make this horn/siren kind sound that is heard in 4 out of 5 songs, like here at 1:39 ? :) Is this a famous sample or something? Besides, do you guys have some advice on how to achieve nice jungle vibes? I'm about to remix a laid back reggae track, and my goal is something like the track I linked :)

Have a nice evening

teenious

standard air horn sample, weapon of choice for many many many dnb djs and turntablists - and for the jungle feel, nice warm sub with a slightly soft attack, and a bit of release - hunt down as many reggea piano stabs, funky guitar stabs and steel drum samples u can and just go mental! ive always wanted to make a nice reggae dnb tune but never got round to it - for the drums in that case most dnb hits and loops will work if there short and snappy, or what usually works best is amen break samples - just google amen break sample pack n see what comes up!

Thanks for the answers on the sample, will look up some hq sounds of an air horn :) The other tips are nice as well, although I know the amen break of course (and I have dozens of drumloops based on it). I appreciate every help on how to create those old school vibes, steel drums are a great suggestion :)

For jungle drums... try and pick up the Music radar breaks pack.......

As for the main "hook" sample ... whether it be vocals or instruments... they are usually sampled off old dub tracks...

The bass that alcaponeuk is talking about is an 808 BD ..... stretched, distorted then lowpassed ....

Which can be found in the intro for this tune...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmzEXEPjhak

SERIOUS BANGER.

Last edited:
For jungle drums... try and pick up the Music radar breaks pack.......

As for the main "hook" sample ... whether it be vocals or instruments... they are usually sampled off old dub tracks...

The bass that alcaponeuk is talking about is an 808 BD ..... stretched, distorted then lowpassed ....

Which can be found in the intro for this tune...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmzEXEPjhak

SERIOUS BANGER.

Sounds wicked, and I actually have a sample pack of (I believe) high quality 808 drums (it's called "tape 808", maybe you know it), could you explain how to actually stretch the sound and play it as a sustained note?

Yeah man, i know it.

out of all the 808 kick drum samples ..... pick the longest one.... timestretch it...... (not too much as you dont want to batter the sample)

bang it into a sampler... then play with the release until you are happy!

Yeah man, i know it.

out of all the 808 kick drum samples ..... pick the longest one.... timestretch it...... (not too much as you dont want to batter the sample)

bang it into a sampler... then play with the release until you are happy!

Dude, thanks for the tip, I got a huge sub bass out of that :D Gotta post the complete jungle track to the forums when its done.

Back
Top Bottom