Where is the money in dnb?

shadow_sniper

BURCHY!!!
VIP Junglist
I love dnb and always will and if i made dnb or mixed then i would do it for the love not the money. Any money that is involved is a bonus....my thing is that the djs seem underpaid? yeah they do earn a lot but you have to be at the top...my mate has just booked dj ez for a garage local club night, the club is shit but its gonna be a good night...my issue is dj ez has charged 1,050 for the the hour set. £1050 plus vat...does anybody else think that is a disgusting amount of money when a dnb dj in my opinion is better and and equal..

dnb deserves more money!! (only in comparison to what the other genres earn)

I love dnb and always will and if i made dnb or mixed then i would do it for the love not the money. Any money that is involved is a bonus....my thing is that the djs seem underpaid? yeah they do earn a lot but you have to be at the top...my mate has just booked dj ez for a garage local club night, the club is shit but its gonna be a good night...my issue is dj ez has charged 1,050 for the the hour set. £1050 plus vat...does anybody else think that is a disgusting amount of money when a dnb dj in my opinion is better and and equal..

hardcore dj's should have to pay hazard to play out

job done.

I heard that Dj Ironik got paid 80 grand for a 4 hour set at a festival recently.. Obviously hes one of the top dj's but 80 grand is ALOT of money..

moneys in the djing if you can get it that is, waste of time if ya trying to make tunes for money (not saying that you are). Music needs to come from the heart, thats always gonna be the number 1 Rule. I still get a buzz out of hearing groove or Andy play my track, thats payment for me....

I heard that Dj Ironik got paid 80 grand for a 4 hour set at a festival recently.. Obviously hes one of the top dj's but 80 grand is ALOT of money..

Thats bollocks.... 20k an hour.... no mate.... more like 1000 maximum.... for 4hours your probably looking at maybe 3500-4000....

They shouldnt have booked him then mate... thats a crazy amount for him.... i wouldnt go anymore that 600 tops for EZ

Your track? Can you tell us which ones yours? :)
#

you dont know Heist?? hahaha

Alot of people get ripped off by artists agencies.... you need to know how to work them really..... what they are offering first time is never what they would actually charge if you made the effort to tell them that its over priced.....
Im sure Heist will back me up on this one.... for arguements sake.... if i was to book Heist and his agency asked me for say £600 he will probably only get to see maybe 300-400 of that..... the other bit that is left over you can quite easilly kncok them down on....

Heist wouldnt be 600!! more like £25... maybe £30 if he had to get a hotel aswell.... hahahaha... only jokin bro.... in fact... Heist check your PM bro...

Thats bollocks.... 20k an hour.... no mate.... more like 1000 maximum.... for 4hours your probably looking at maybe 3500-4000....

They shouldnt have booked him then mate... thats a crazy amount for him.... i wouldnt go anymore that 600 tops for EZ

#

you dont know Heist?? hahaha

Alot of people get ripped off by artists agencies.... you need to know how to work them really..... what they are offering first time is never what they would actually charge if you made the effort to tell them that its over priced.....
Im sure Heist will back me up on this one.... for arguements sake.... if i was to book Heist and his agency asked me for say £600 he will probably only get to see maybe 300-400 of that..... the other bit that is left over you can quite easilly kncok them down on....

Heist wouldnt be 600!! more like £25... maybe £30 if he had to get a hotel aswell.... hahahaha... only jokin bro.... in fact... Heist check your PM bro...

yeah just checked em didnt get 1 from you?

moneys in the djing if you can get it that is, waste of time if ya trying to make tunes for money (not saying that you are). Music needs to come from the heart, thats always gonna be the number 1 Rule. I still get a buzz out of hearing groove or Andy play my track, thats payment for me....

well im only starting to mix, but if for some reason some day i'd get big and start doing nights, i'd be ok with doing night for free for sure (either for friends or small clubs, whatever)

i have a great time mixing, and even if it means not getting money, i would still have a great time

u gotta love the music more than anything
money doesn't come for a long time, sometimes it never comes
just enjoy what you're doing, payment is a bonus

well im only starting to mix, but if for some reason some day i'd get big and start doing nights, i'd be ok with doing night for free for sure (either for friends or small clubs, whatever)

i have a great time mixing, and even if it means not getting money, i would still have a great time

You'll find most DJs do that untill they make it famous, im sure alot of DJs on here (and i know for a fact some do) play for nothing more than travel expenses.

i think my one goal in mixing is just to play at a club, even if i have to pay the club!

The buzz that you would have would never go away, im sure even people like andy c and friction get the same buzz they got wen there mates first nodded thier heads to their first mixes.

Back
Top Bottom