Where do you buy vinyl?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23164
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23164

trying to buy Fortuna EP

but the 20/20 website doesn't add things to the cart and red eyes are sold out?

wheres the place to get shit people?!?!

thanks (y)

cheers lads (y)

going with horizons as ive not a big company like juno.. help the lil guy n all that rubbish (y)

now i just need dan harbanam - the boogaloo on vinyl and i can die in peace

Last edited by a moderator:
90% of thier shit is out of bloody stock!

dunno why they even show it...
yeah they should have a 'only show in stock' button like Juno do...but tbf you just can't sleep on the good releases these days due to the low numbers that are pressed. 300 is the standard run AFAIK, and each store might only get allocated 20-30...

yeah they should have a 'only show in stock' button like Juno do...but tbf you just can't sleep on the good releases these days due to the low numbers that are pressed. 300 is the standard run AFAIK, and each store might only get allocated 20-30...
starting a collection in 2016 of pre 2006 tunes is gunna be fun then....

Back in 2006 the vinyl runs were still hefty as so you shouldn't have a problem getting your hands on anything you're after.

I stopped buying vinyl in 2009 when my daughter was born, about 2 years ago I started collecting again. Instantly noticed the huge change in the run quantities as rythmatix has mentioned, & how if you don't jump on certain stuff with a week or 2 you're shit out of luck. Classic example was late 2015, wanted that Sully EP that came out on Astrophonica. Didn't see anything else I wanted at the time so thought i'd wait a couple of weeks to see what else comes out so I wasn't ordering just one record. Next thing I know it's sold out everywhere & I'd missed out on nabbing one of my favorite releases of the year on vinyl. But the need for that vinyl got the best of me in the end, a few months back I ended up forking out $80 for a mint 2nd hand copy....

90% of thier shit is out of bloody stock!

dunno why they even show it...

Don't buy off Redeye unless you want newer tunes

but tbf you just can't sleep on the good releases these days due to the low numbers that are pressed

noticed the huge change in the run quantities as rythmatix has mentioned, & how if you don't jump on certain stuff with a week or 2 you're shit out of luck

You guys need to get on the pre order train, especially if releases are only coming one a week that you want and can hold off getting it that week. I still buy vinyl but really only take advantage of Redeye's free shipping on orders over £50 so sometimes it's a couple of months between orders but so worth it for not missing out on tunes

Also no one has mentioned Intense Records yet

You guys need to get on the pre order train, especially if releases are only coming one a week that you want and can hold off getting it that week. I still buy vinyl but really only take advantage of Redeye's free shipping on orders over £50 so sometimes it's a couple of months between orders but so worth it for not missing out on tunes
I still buy regularly enough to not miss out on any tunes (every 3-4 weeks). The odd release I grab on pre-order if I think it might go quick (the latest DISDUB for example), but most of the time between Juno or Redeye I get everything I want.

Those shipping costs god damn
Shipping costs on Discogs are what it would normally cost you to send a record, the only reason websites like Redeye have such cheap shipping is they have an agreement with Royal Mail or something

Back
Top Bottom