Where do the Spanish Throw Donkeys Off Churches?

jmzmaloney

ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Always intrigued me, wouldnt mind going to have a look. Apparently on a religious day.

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

All I've got is this place so far. But doesnt sound like a religious event would mark it

The curiously named Torre Apprezzami L'Asino is one of the six Spanish towers built in the 16th century as defence against pirates and invaders. It translates as 'Value my Donkey' tower. It is said to derive its name from an encounter between two travellers on a narrow cliff-side path. Coming from different directions and unable to pass each other they decided to throw the donkey of lesser value off the cliff.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
is this what gives the spanish their mental advantage over the rest of iberia, will we benefit in the same way i wonder. next world championships in anything let alone curling

Osime

Official Japanese Student
VIP Junglist
Huh, you learn something everyday. I'll bring the biggest jackass I can find... d.e.r.p. wanna go to Spain?

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
its really only a way to speed up evolution. throw enough donkeys off that cliff and one donkey will invariably sprout wings, the laws of evolution are very clear on this.

jmzmaloney

Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Why would you let a guy throw your donkey off a cliff just because its of lesser value. Guy should have shown his steed more respect, probably taken him on many perilous cliff pass journeys. Id have thrown the guy off the cliff and took his donkey.

jmzmaloney

Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
That's two donkeys you have to deal with and they aren't quite the best companions.
I think you probably have infinitly more knowledge on the subject than I do. Isnt Kansas a wild frontier with secret portals of witches and midgets, dont think donkeys would be too good in such circumstances. What would you recommend and you can count out a bumming in a tent no matter how pretty the stars look.

Osime

VIP Junglist
I think you probably have infinitly more knowledge on the subject than I do. Isnt Kansas a wild frontier with secret portals of witches and midgets, dont think donkeys would be too good in such circumstances. What would you recommend and you can count out a bumming in a tent no matter how pretty the stars look.
Throw both them bitches off the cliff and walk on.

SmallVictoriez

Teen Pop Sensation
VIP Junglist
:rofl: Nailed it.

jmzmaloney

Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
How about I confuse the fuck out of the guy, tell him its a zebra, how would he know it aint seeing as its the 16th Century, and it has mystical powers to help him walk like a spider over the cliff and round, thus making him fool to his doom. The bloody Spanish fool probably believes anything

Osime

VIP Junglist
How about I confuse the fuck out of the guy, tell him its a zebra, how would he know it aint seeing as its the 16th Century, and it has mystical powers to help him walk like a spider over the cliff and round, thus making him fool to his doom. The bloody Spanish fool probably believes anything
You could try it out he would probably call you a witch and send you to Logroño.

D BREAKNECK

7 years on top
VIP Junglist
Saw a TV doc a few years ago, with them throwing goats off church towers. Think it was for some Saint's day.

They also had a rope tied across the road with live chickens hanging from it, tied by they feet. Fellas on horses then took turns riding under and reaching up and yanking the heads off the chickies.

Grim.

http://www.faace.co.uk/bfiestas.htm

Fucked up...

Last edited: