Where do producers..

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
... usually get their background sounds from? In a common dnb intro, besides the drums you usually have a song / sample being looped, like a violin, a piano or even both combined making a sort of "song"

I've been working hard on this recently but cant get my head around it

from anywhere man if u can rip it u can use it not legally but who cares!:D

clue is in the name "sample"

they take samples from anywhere, film, other music, anything you can find on the internet. that crystal clear trumpet is almost certainly taken from a film soundtrack. they are very good sources for music without other elements underneath, like drums and that

clue is in the name "sample"

they take samples from anywhere, film, other music, anything you can find on the internet. that crystal clear trumpet is almost certainly taken from a film soundtrack. they are very good sources for music without other elements underneath, like drums and that

not neccesarily that brass line sounds very much like it was made in sax lab.

thats a vst btw.

are we talking about leads/hooks here? load up your sampler or synth and write your own - that's what i do...

this. nothing wrong with sampling, but searching for something that fits seems to be too time intensive imo. if you found something and get an idea from that, its different.

If you cant find any suiting your needs, try to make your own too.

Lowpassing a lush pad produces interesting results, kind of anticipating something.

Reversing piano hits with revertb is always an eerie way of saying "tings is mad in here"

Timestretching something to oblivion can produce incredible ambient backgrounds.

Using single hits but having them run into a massive reverb and removing the dry part is like making love to a sound. Then reversing the hit (if it is a longer one) you'll get a sweep sound like no other.

Try also short delays with huge feedbacks. Be careful and watch your ears tho, dont let the resonance get the best of it. This is an excellent way of filling a background if you find a sample that goes well in key with the rest of the tune.

find an old tape or cd with loads of classical intruments or even get a few film soundtracks and look through em.

What i do is every time i watch a film, i remember or jot down the time of the film where there is either a peice of music or a vocal i will want to use, then buy the film or borrow it and chop it out and sample it.

Works better if you put other instruments with it though, try and get it to sound like somthing brand new instead of you just ripping it straight from a film

you can get audio libraries on vinyl (which you obviously have to sample to your computer) but it'll get you that instant 'analog warmth'

propers to sabre on that tip.

Since I'm a great fan of film scores, I found this to be easier then I expected and found some good loops I'd like to sample.. problem is when I try to chop it off and put them into FL studio I never get the result I want.. either the beginning is too forced and when the loop goes back to the beginning there's this huge clang or it's either too fast or too slow

Any help on this?

Back
Top Bottom