Where do I start?

Robb

Hi im completely new to dnb production and ive barely had a play around on fl, it seems very complicated. Whats the best way to start, how do i learn advanced things? and im unsure of the software to use. Any general tips would be awsome cheers.

Tutorials / Trial and Error

the main thing you need to remember is that your not going to go ANYWHERE if your not dedicated enough if you want to learn , you need to also realize that you cant force creativity and that if you don't feel like making something that day then don't.

when i started i looked on youtube for tutorials on what DAW (digital audio workstation) i was using which was fruity loops ,
NFXBEATS
this guy taught me so much

Also it depends who inspires you , listen to their music and listen to the layers its in try and understand what their doing , when and how the music changes and develops.

one more major tip , dont always look at your music

LISTEN TO IT!

i hope that helps buddy

download demos of the most popular software - FL, abelton, reason etc etc
Have a play with them and find which one you can get on with.
then comes the "hard" part - learn how to use them. read a book go through tutorials - use youtube - find out how to do things with that software.
it is going to take a lot of time - be prepared for that.

as a beginner myself, I find there has been nothing more useful than tutorials. Also everyone has their own different ways in making their stuff, for example I do it really slowly, in short spurts, while other people like to sit down and make a tune in hours. Whatever suits you is important

Correct me if I'm wrong but did you say you have FL? Just go look on youtube for tutorials, they really can help immensly. Also, dont expect big things straight away, just enjoy yourself. Play around with stuff, dont think of trying to recreate a specific genre of music, just go with the flow and see what happens. I found that with the help of youtube tutorials, and just playing around with dials and buttons on FL I was able to learn quite a bit.

Also, alot of people fail to mention this one, but stick around on this site! I would honestly say that at least 80% of what I have learnt has come from the nice helpful people on this site.

Back
Top Bottom