Where did that producer go thread

evol4276 said:
what about datcyde?? that bastard got me into this stuff neways yet I haven't heard a thing from him since his album years ago!!

Datcyde's still in the game, he did a mix about a year ago that had at least 4 or 5 new tunes of his, but they haven't been released yet. They probably will come out soon though, which would be awesome since IMO they're his best work yet :wave:

I wonder what happened to:
-Ice Minus
-UFO!
-Tronik 100
-Flytronix
-dj Harmony
-1.8.7./Jordana

nickdawg said:
-Tronik 100

Man. Tronik 100 is one of my favourite producers, his Nightfever EP is constantly at the front of my box. The Sound is one of my all-time favourite dnb tracks. Pure bliss in everything he makes. :slayer:

I used to think Konflict / Kemal was just immense. He doesnt seem to do much these days although there was that recent remix on Obsessions..... i think??
The Mummy, oh god that was a good tune!!

JIMGORE said:
I used to think Konflict / Kemal was just immense. He doesnt seem to do much these days although there was that recent remix on Obsessions..... i think??
The Mummy, oh god that was a good tune!!
I think Kemal is still knocking about...was mates with the Cause 4 Concern lot , who also seem to have disapeered...though Marc C and Jay Jay have got a tune signed to Deadly P's label ....(in the reviews bit)
Young Mr.Optiv is still about too....just Tobie who seems to be queit.....man teh C4C lot had a fat basement studio....serious kit !!!!!!! :sing:

Optiv has been cranking out some serious shit as of recently, he's at the top of the game right now....check out his new track with Rymetime, it's on 1210 recs and just hit promo. He's got a lot of good stuff coming out on Red Light records as well. Not sure what Stu's been up to though.

Oh yeah, not sure if they've been mentioned yet, but wtf happened to Future Cut? They were RUNNING things in dnb back in 2001-02, had tracks coming out on almost every major dnb label, and totally disappeared. Don't think I've even heard anything new from them in at least 3 years!

nickdawg said:
Optiv has been cranking out some serious shit as of recently, he's at the top of the game right now....check out his new track with Rymetime, it's on 1210 recs and just hit promo. He's got a lot of good stuff coming out on Red Light records as well. Not sure what Stu's been up to though.

Oh yeah, not sure if they've been mentioned yet, but wtf happened to Future Cut? They were RUNNING things in dnb back in 2001-02, had tracks coming out on almost every major dnb label, and totally disappeared. Don't think I've even heard anything new from them in at least 3 years!

Obsession 8O what a tune!

As for Stu, he made "Dead Air" with Noisia & Phace, but havent heard any from him since, hes still in the game though I heard a nasty little studio mix from him a while back.

Future Cut? Good one.

That Obsession tune, funny enough, was the breakthrough debut for Jenna G on vocals. I have a lot of old Future Cut tunes, but have seen nothing as of late. I think the last one i can think of from these boys was the Popcorn tune on MDZ02, bad ass drums!!

I know Ellis Dee didn't make taht many tunes, but what a Huge SHAME he got fed up with eth bad attitude of the jungle ravers and swicthed to Breaks.....he definatly knew how to rock a crowd...Dreamscape 15 vs. 16 NYE ...man he killed it....still remeber "Oh Gosh" blowing up teh place !!!!
:saber:

future cut are back. Had a bit out on liquid v.

Assuming they were flirting with major labels after midnight, and that's why they went quiet.

Stedfast said:
I know Ellis Dee didn't make taht many tunes, but what a Huge SHAME he got fed up with eth bad attitude of the jungle ravers and swicthed to Breaks.....he definatly knew how to rock a crowd...Dreamscape 15 vs. 16 NYE ...man he killed it....still remeber "Oh Gosh" blowing up teh place !!!!
:saber:

all about ruffnek bizness!

another good one I've wondered about for awhile is Decoder, he's almost in the same boat as Future Cut...huge tunes on several major labels, and then the whole kosheen project was a huge success, then disappeared completely. Although rumor has it he has released a couple breaks tunes recently. Anyone know if this is true?

Yes, Decoder is a great loss..amazing production..
Also, Alpha Omega doesnt get out half as many recs as he used to,
shame, one of the great talents that never got the reckognition he deserves..

i wonder what Roland is doin nowadays..?propably hangin out with Rob Data..
:teeth:

GorDo said:
Alpha Omega also make heavy dub tracks on Tanty records ( Roots of Dub Funk part 4 is excellent compilation !!!)

GorDo said:
shame, one of the great talents that never got the reckognition he deserves..

i wonder what Roland is doin nowadays..?propably hangin out with Rob Data..

I think Alpha Omegas new stuff is much better than the older.., hes had 4 vinyls out in 5 months which is quite a lot too.

Back
Top Bottom