Where can I DJ!!!!!!

DJ Swell

Hey there I am realy in to mixing drum n bass and have been doin it for about 2 years now. The only anoing thing is i am only 17 and realy want to start mixing out of my bed room lol.
I would appreiciate it if you could contact me if you have herd about any DJ competitions or venues for people my age!

mob-07531739468

Many thanx! :)

send me a mixtape: kemzino@googlemail.com and ill have a listen. im new to promoting myself but we are looking for all up n coming budding DJ's / producers / MC's. Our lauch party is 5th may (see my sig) and if successful will be every month from now on.

where you based, Oakham? is that south?

If you want to start DJing publicly, it might be a good idea to create a mix CD to hand out to venue managers etc, or even just an MP3 to email to them.

If you have a camera/camcorder that can record decent quality video, you might want to do a tenminmix and put it on YouTube. They're a great way to show off your skills in a short time that managers can actually be bothered to look at, and you can win decent prizes if you enter yours into the official DJTutor.com tenminmix competition. Here's mine as an example (and as shameless publicity of course):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEcFh7dXFdo&fmt=18

For the best results you should try to record the video on the camera, and record the audio by line-in onto your PC, then merge the two on Windows Movie Maker or something. It doesn't have to be flashy, you just have to prove you have some mixing skills.

Just PM sammy dodger... he runs a night for under 18s and alos a radio station called Kool FM... just pm him a set... sometimes he doesnt answer so just keep sending them to him every couple of days till he answers....

Back
Top Bottom