When Doing Final Bounce/Export Tune Comes Out Really Quiet?!

J-Rex

soundcloud.com/j-rex
VIP Junglist
Using Logic Pro 9 and I have done a mixdown, making sure the tune is not clipping, its literally hitting around 0 on stereo out.
Now when I bounce the whole track out as an mp3 I had normalise selected but it is ridiculously quiet compared to other tunes, so I have to boost the levels ridiculously on my mixer to compensate, whats the reason behind this lack of volume?

you might have one frequency too high - which means you cant increase your overall volume too much without clipping. worth checking

I used to have this problem, as my knowledge of compression and eqing got better and better, the situation improved. Basically you need super tight compression and EQ :D Hope this helps.

i had this same problem! i did 2 things to solve it...

1) when bouncing...there's an option to filter below 30hz or something, make sure its unchecked.
2) EQ everything so its mixed good...but that come with practice. when starting ur project, start with the volume of your channels low, can always turn it up later.. :)

hope this helps!

Try not normalizing it jay coz IMO logics normalizer is crap, so try bouncing it without normalizing and just use the overtload protection and it should come out a lot louder but you will have to watch the level much closer! Also try without overload and see which one sounds best!

Yeh i wouldnt work on the basis of getting everything to sit at 0db by any means, get it all to around -5/10 and then use a limiter to bring it all up to 0db. Plus if you use something like Isotope or Vintage Warmer it leaves a lot of head room to get things sounding a lot "phatter" ;)

and make sure the sub and kick sit tightly. Because of they're on top of each other, the whole tracks volume level needs to be lowered in order to compensate for the EQ gain pushing to the overall threshold of the master

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

Wow, I sounded really cool and professional there.

and make sure the sub and kick sit tightly. Because of they're on top of each other, the whole tracks volume level needs to be lowered in order to compensate for the EQ gain pushing to the overall threshold of the master

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

Wow, I sounded really cool and professional there.
If you mean professional as in, Didn't really understand what he just said, did he study 4 years to know that, I'm sure that doesn't make sense but I'll just smile and nod, then yeah. Well pro.

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

1) when bouncing...there's an option to filter below 30hz or something, make sure its unchecked.
Are you saying 'don't filter off everything below 30hz'?
From what I've heard on here I thought that would increase headroom, therefore giving more room to boost the overall level.

yeah im saying don't filter frequencies below 10khz (I had a look n the option says 10khz)...
when the filter was on my bounces came out a lot quieter, i didnt realise it made a difference until a few months back when i turned it off randomly

made my bounces much better in volume and quality...n my seriousness for production began! lol

^^ How did that actually make any difference when you can't even hear frequencies that low? I've just done a On/Off comparison and there is no difference whatsoever.. There must have been a different reason in relation to that. Deffo leaving that on for me.

thats what i thought...but u know what it deffo made a difference when i bounced the same track on and off.

i guess it might not have been the filter that made the difference but whatever i did..im leaving it lol cuz if it aint broke..dont fix it!

Back
Top Bottom