Whats your style? Mine is the art of . . .

Andydextruss

Something
Uberl33t techy, hard, heavy yet still very dancefloor dnb. Stuff like, Teebee, Resonant Evil, Nightwalker, Tech Itch, BCUK, Ram etc.

And also various bootlegs, raggae/hip-hop influenced stuff and more mainstream, Full Cycle, True Playaz bits like Potential Bad Boys new(ish) EP, Digital - Square Rock, Surge & D Product.

What about you?

ur styles soundin good andydextruss. i like it dark most of the time but dancefloor baced aswell. like a lil jump up every now n then. a few chopped up tunes n all like tech itch. bit like friction really. my mixin style is all about double droppin & teasin

Prefer to let the beats roll myself,also try and build the set right from the Liquid to Jump up and then just get very nasty an dirty techy stuff,Thats the way it is over here where i live,peeps still need educating... If they dont need educating well i mix it up jump-up and a lot of Techy stuff

As far as mixing goes, I doubledrop a lot, my EQings a bit shit at the moment, I'm not into teases really but I am slowly seeing the light, just havent found any that do it for me, I try to add a few classics in, I will learn to scratch and beatjuggle when I upgrade my setup but its not really worth it yet.

yeh teasings wikd if u got enuff time 2 squeeze it in! im EQin alot now like andy c cos i find the b-lines clash alot otherwise, but never used 2 4 sum reason

DJ Lordward said:
yeh teasings wikd if u got enuff time 2 squeeze it in! im EQin alot now like andy c cos i find the b-lines clash alot otherwise, but never used 2 4 sum reason

I would if I knew how, I just cut down the b-lines coz they sound muddy on my setup, I can get a half decent sound out of a double-drop, but its all guess work. Any1 got any links to some good advice on EQing?

personally.
when i mix i like to progress a set from mellow rolling beats through to light tech to dance floor, hard hitting tech!
boh-ya

Like to get a bit of Craig David in the mix, when im feeling proper 'BO!' Theres always room for some S-Club 7 & no mix is complete without some proper old skool like Abba or Chaz 'n' Dave.....

"Can I get a rrreeeewwwiiinnndddd!!!"

Andydextruss said:
I would if I knew how, I just cut down the b-lines coz they sound muddy on my setup, I can get a half decent sound out of a double-drop, but its all guess work. Any1 got any links to some good advice on EQing?

My advice with the EQing is get a decent mixer with some quality gain controls & an extra filter unit. All the things you need to pimp a mix! :evil:

klusta said:
i just beat mix all the anthems, reload um all and do my own mc'in :pimp:
:rofl:
so since you do your own MCing when playing, do you catch yourself thinking,
<<shut up foo, this tunage dutty>> ??

me style......

is...............

hold on........

the invisible train driver stylee
883218513105_0_ALB.jpg

:teeth:nah, ive actually improved. thats just an old photo of me mix..honest..!

Last edited:
My (in my bedroom this is, not out in a club cos that depends on the club).

Big bashy tunes with lots of vocals and bounce. Mixed with some rolling summery beats (cos its summer) and then a couple of tear ouit amens from dread and maybe a bit of jungle beats throen in. Nothing too techy and hardsteppy if u knwo what i mean...

Its gotts get u dancing propa not just nodding bur head!

Basically anything from, Valve, V, Fullcycle, True Playaz, Hospital, Dread (for the beats), and Malheadz!"

one label i am not feeling at the mo is Ram...dont ask me why i just aint feeling there style no more!

Back
Top Bottom